Newb Questions

Since there doesn't seem to be a manual available for the Steam purchasers yet, I'll have to clutter the board with some basic questions.

1) I started my first game unemployed. That seems to have been a mistake, as the first team I applied to rejected my application, and the second team hasn't replied in 2 months. Now there are no available jobs in early September. Do I have to keep checking the "Available jobs" on the Home screen every day, or is there an easier way?

2) Can I only sim one day or so at a time? Isn't there a way to sim up to a particular date and have the sim stop if something interesting happens (like if a job opens up!) :)

There is an easier way.

Go on holiday and tick the box to apply for jobs automatically and tick the box which ends your holiday when you receive an offer. It might take a while though to get an offer. There are quite a few threads about this already so you might be best searching for answers in one of them.

There is an easier way.

Go on holiday and tick the box to apply for jobs automatically and tick the box which ends your holiday when you receive an offer. It might take a while though to get an offer. There are quite a few threads about this already so you might be best searching for answers in one of them.

Great tip, thanks!!! :thup:

Welcome aboard!

If you're new enough to the series that you aren't familiar with "go on holiday", I'd suggest that you start employed. You haven't lost the time currently invested - you can create a new manager in the same save-game, and have him take over a club. (You might look at the "Jobs" page and select a manager whose job is Insecure or Very Insecure to replace, if you don't want to wait for them to get fired.) You can then retire your first manager.

Its certainly possible to create a game and manager combination where it isn't possible to get a job .. for example, if I set myself as a complete Unknown, and choose only the English Premier League to be active .. well, there's no way any EPL club would hire me, so my game will run indefinitely without me getting a job even if I go on Holiday.

Since there doesn't seem to be a manual available for the Steam purchasers yet, I'll have to clutter the board with some basic questions.

Open Steam, go to my games, click on Football Manager 2009 and there should be a list of options. One of which is view manual.

I know that was working for me at the weekend, although as I don't have steam in front of me the directions may be slightly wrong above. But the manual is certainly available.

Archived