Injuries still a problem

Well I'm playing WWSM and have 9.1.0 patch installed but injuries are still so out of control. Half my team is injured and I mean they aren't niggles they are things that keep players out for a while. I thought this was going to be fixed. Any update into this would be much appreciated.

How are you at Man Management ? Have you employed any coach that is above average in this field ? All I can suggest is sub players when they hit below 80% condition and forget about playing anyone straight back from injury until they are bare minimum 85%+ condition. If you use these ideas, your injury list will be shorter.

I wrote down all my injuries in the first 28 games of my Inter save.

Games: 28

Games where players got injured: 20

Injury free games: 8

avg injuries pr game: 2

Playing with the patch installed. Installed via Steam.

Using default training. Have not seen many injuries during training.

Hope match injuries will be tuned down in the next patch!

Yes injuries will be toned down a fraction. Not the amount of them just the severity of them. So instead of seeing 2 month injuries, it will be toned down to 1 month injuries. Same amount will still be there. After better man manageing my players, I have gone from having 6 players out at any one time to 2-3. Much better and more manageable.

I guess what it comes down to is if you move it to low intensity then it takes longer for the players to improve their attributes and it would indeed take much longer for a player to be trained in a new position.

Its been happening a lot to me too. It is exaggerated.. Not only duration but amount. My conditions don't drop before 70%. My god. If real football had injuries like this it would have been banned. A team of boxers wouldn't accumulate this many injuries.. The amount needs to be tuned down.. By the way, my numbers are similar to his..

• SI Staff

While I think the level of injuries is pretty much ok if you manage your players fitness in 9.1 I am looking at the following for 9.2:

- Make player condition drop "slightly" less in matches

- Make injuries a little less likely to occur as a result of being challenged, and more likely to occur from making a challenge. This should address a slight imbalance between attacking and defensive players being injured

Cheers,

Paul

Paul, shouldn't the % be the same of getting injured when you make a challenge & also someone challenges you in a tackle ? Surely they should be the same. 50-50 chance you get injured in a tackle. You either do or don't. It just depends on the type of tackle that causes the injuries

• SI Staff
Paul, shouldn't the % be the same of getting injured when you make a challenge & also someone challenges you in a tackle ? Surely they should be the same. 50-50 chance you get injured in a tackle. You either do or don't. It just depends on the type of tackle that causes the injuries

Yes, I think that is a fair point, although its hard to know what the exact ratio should be.

I was suffering too at the beginning but the following pretty much brought injuries down to a very realistic balance:

- Employ excellent strength and fitness coaches and assign each one to control strength and fitness separately making sure that they are both 7 star rating.

- Set training intensity to around half way, especially if your team has many games to play in the course of the season. Its useless making them do too much aerobic training when they are playing 2 games a week anyway.

-Proper team rotation.

-Good Physiotherapists.

-Generally subbing players when their condition is below 75% in a match.

I think its pretty good at the moment to be honest. Might be because my club was semi professional (its professional now though), but it might be because I've kept all players on the general training and reduced it over season to keep players fresh.

Now everyones on a full time contract I'll have a bit of a play with it and see what happens.

Yes, I think that is a fair point, although its hard to know what the exact ratio should be.

It actually makes NO SENSE to me.

50/50 because you either do or don't? That's the same as saying the chances of winning the Jackpot on the lottery is 50/50 because "you either win or you don't". Patently absurd.

Tacklers should get injured much less than the tackled. The tackler is initiating contact (and focused on the tackle). The tackled is often not ready for (or aware of) the tackle, and his concentration is usually focused on the ball (drbbling, looking for a pass/shot, etc.).

Not only that the tackler is usually sliding in safely boot (or stud) first. The point of impact on the tackled player is usually a vulnerable part of the leg/ankle/foot.

Hard to give exact numbers but I'd think it would be around 75/25 (3-1) slanted towards the tackled player getting injured. And with really dirty challenges it would be even higher (studs first, two-footed, from behind, etc.)

-------------

Which makes me think of the how I'd love a "really hard" tackling option (i.e borderline dirty) that the likes of Arsenal compain about. Even if it was listed only on the "Opposition Instructions" dropdown.

-------------

But please don't skew injuries 50/50 or even that close to it. I don't think it's far wrong now. And yellow cards for the opposition when the referee decides to "clamp down" on bad tackles would probably do about enough.

Sorry to disagree once more. Tacklers shouldn't get injured not even close as much as who gets tackled. The truth is, it needs to be based on the aggressiveness of the player mostly. You see a lot of tackles, and accidents happen in football, but usually players don't tackle with the intent of breaking someone's leg, they mostly want the ball, at least 70% of the time that is. I just think that if 50% of the time you get tackled in football you get injured like i said lol, it would be outlawed by now. It seems to me condition isnt making a lot of difference. I was playing a game for local brazilian state championship, was winning 7x0 and the opposing team started beating the crap out of my players. In the last 15 minutes of the game i had 4 tackle related injuries. It needs to be balanced a bit.

The whole tackling topic should be rather moot. A small portion of actual injuries occur in tackles. Sure you get an occasional bang but we are talking about minor knocks that take a minute or two to run off, and the very occasional serious injury. A tricky winger is far more likely to injure himself than get hurt by a fullback.

It just happened to me a couple minutes ago.. This is extremely disrupting.. And it has nothing to do with player conditions ALL my players were 95%.. Second round cup game, second game, im beating gremio 1x0 won fisrt game by 1 as well away.. Okay.. i score a go the hitting starts. 3 Players injured by tackles before 20 minutes of game time are passed, NO CARDS nothing, i substitue all 3, another fourth player gets a knock, i can't sub him, he gets injured by 65 minutes of game time, I actually have to play 1 man down the rest of the game, if it wasn't for that early goal i would be out of the cup. If that isnt enough im screwed for the next game, since i have 1 suspended player and 11 injuries.. most of them first team players... Im honestly considering taking a break from the game while they fix these things.. Its screwed up, if you play a financially weak team as I do its complicated to keep my players on the field, when half of the roster is out for a month at a time...

just gonna add my voice to this as well. started a game tonight as liverpool. im 6 weeks into my 1st season and already kuyt, gerrard, torres and keane and out all injured for between 1 and 5 months which has pretty much ended my season before its began.

it defo not as bad as the demo was but players still seem far to prone to pickin up injuries.

I don't have many injuries. Sure there is one here and there but no more than what is to be expected. Playing in a lower division with no space for fitness coaches and with half bad physio it could be a lot worse. Don't know how training is affecting the situation but none of my players are on the default training. They are all on personal scheduals formed after their strengths and weakness'. I also try to rotate the players abit even if the squad is lacking some depth.

Just reached the beginning of November and at the moment I got two of my first team players out injured, one a few days with some bruises and the other one a couple of weeks with a twisted knee.

I'm glad to see it's not just me having problems.

I'm playing with Inter the same as the OP and using Darkstars training and was wondering if I should change to default - but obviously not.

As Inter don't have enough spare playing staff for reserve fixtures my squad rotation is spot on I'd say; with any players coming back from injury getting a couple of games in the under 20s at first. I think all I've had to do is organise two under 20 friendlies and one for the reserves (putting in 15 players from my 1st squad in the reserves for that fixture).

Seperate, 7 star, coaches for strength and aerobic training too; not over-worked either.

We just shouldn't be getting this many injuries IMO.

Im also on a self defined training, workload is at half the most, i rotate every month between str. and weaknesses.. Not very effective, but keeps injuries down.. The problem is not training related injuries, the problem are match injuries. AI controlled teams hit a LOT. Its a damn brawl in there. I havent gone thru one game without an injury in at least 5 fixtures. Something is defnetly wrong.

The whole tackling topic should be rather moot. A small portion of actual injuries occur in tackles. Sure you get an occasional bang but we are talking about minor knocks that take a minute or two to run off, and the very occasional serious injury. A tricky winger is far more likely to injure himself than get hurt by a fullback.

This!

In FM, all injuries seem to come from tackles - I don't understand why. I don't remember ever seeing a player falling and injuring himself. Happens very often in real life.

Besides, there's way, way too much tackling going around in the match engine. Maybe it's because I'm playing in England where it's true that it happens a bit more than in other countries, but in real life players don't spend the entire game sliding around the floor.

As for injuries itself, I don't know, it seems realistic on my game. A long-term injury or two occasionally, but nothing out of the ordinary. But there's too many folks complaining for it not to be an issue.

Archived