Tranfers/Cash

Hi,

I just made a bid for Henri Saivet for a free transfer, but i have to pay £2.5m to Bordeaux, I have over £4.0m remaining but i got a message saying currently do not have enough funds, do you want to delay for another week?

Whats happening there?

• SI Staff
I realise i wasn't getting him on a free, like i said i was gonna pay 2.5m out of the 4.64m i had left!

unless im really bad at maths, shouldn't i have enough? :confused:

Is that 4.64m cash balance left or current transfer budget available ?

i dunno if this helps but i noticed that in FM09 when you offer a player a contract without speaking to the clug, eg saivet, on the bottom of the screen it says something like, have to pay 2.4m compensation, which could eventually rise to 4.5 or so. the figures im giving arent exact but im just giving an example. maybe u always have to have the larger amount left in your kitty before you can confirm the deal!!!:rolleyes:

• SI Staff
It is my remaining transfer budget!

If you have a saved game from just before the signing is about to go through, can you please post the same information in the bugs forum and upload your save, so we can have a closer look at what the issue could be. Like it has already been said in this thread, there is information about the possible compensation at the bottom of the contract offer screen in the notes section if a compensation is involved. However the checks related to the news item saying you don't have enough funds to complete the move are quite straightforward, so it should be working based on the basic information you have posted here. Hence the need for a saved game to get all the needed details to see why you are being told so.

If you have a saved game from just before the signing is about to go through, can you please post the same information in the bugs forum and upload your save, so we can have a closer look at what the issue could be. Like it has already been said in this thread, there is information about the possible compensation at the bottom of the contract offer screen in the notes section if a compensation is involved. However the checks related to the news item saying you don't have enough funds to complete the move are quite straightforward, so it should be working based on the basic information you have posted here. Hence the need for a saved game to get all the needed details to see why you are being told so.

How do i do that mate? :o

im not a computer miz by any means :D

• SI Staff

The instructions on how to upload your saved game to our FTP so we can have a look at it can be found here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54927

Don't worry about re-posting the information already listed in this thread, I shall move this thread over to the bugs forum later on, once you have uploaded the saved game and posted here to let us know the name of the file.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this same issue. It's late May, I have $824k remaining in my transfer budget, I wanted to sign a player for $800k up front and another $9.5M over 12 months. Offer accepted, contract accepted, then got the message "do not currently have enough funds to complete the transfer" then gave me the option to delay a week. This happened before in the Jan window, and in that first instance I waited a week, and it went through w/o me changing anything. This time, I delayed it a week, problem occurred again a week later, and this time the other club would not accept another delay and the transfer was canceled.

I have about a $200M bank balance.

Well hold on, I thought any money up front came from your transfer budget while monthly payments just came out of the general bank account.

And I have a net spending level of $100M in transfers this season, and my budget was about $80M. I read one post that said that have the monthly payments were taken out of your transfer budget right away and the other half every month, but that doesn't seem right b/c I am spending $2M per month in monthly payments.

So what is it?

oranjeman has correctly noted the issue with Saivet - no bug there.

andrew74 - the 6 month and 12 month installments come out of your current transfer budget - even though they are installments, the board will extract them in total to ensure they are paid. You don't have enough in your current transfer budget, no matter what the club's overall bank balance is.

The 'delay for a week' function gives you an opportunity to ask the board to rejig your balance. I use it a lot when I have plenty excess wage budget but not enough to buy a player. Unfortunately they won't do it the other way and increase the wage budget by reducing the transfer fund. However, in your case it could have worked for you; if you hadn't maxed out your wage budget you could have asked them to redirect some of it to be able to afford to buy the player. Next time, hey?

oranjeman has correctly noted the issue with Saivet - no bug there.

andrew74 - the 6 month and 12 month installments come out of your current transfer budget - even though they are installments, the board will extract them in total to ensure they are paid. You don't have enough in your current transfer budget, no matter what the club's overall bank balance is.

The 'delay for a week' function gives you an opportunity to ask the board to rejig your balance. I use it a lot when I have plenty excess wage budget but not enough to buy a player. Unfortunately they won't do it the other way and increase the wage budget by reducing the transfer fund. However, in your case it could have worked for you; if you hadn't maxed out your wage budget you could have asked them to redirect some of it to be able to afford to buy the player. Next time, hey?

Thanks for the reply. I ended up delaying the transfer until I got my wage budget for the next season. It was one of those "superstar all-of-a-sudden disgruntled and 30 clubs make offers for below value" things that I happened to win out on, so it was an unexpected purchase.

One thing I am having trouble with though, is do they actually take the total amount of the payments out of your transfer budget, or just check to make sure that the amount is there? Because I'm pretty sure my transfer budget has only been going down due to the amount paid up front. Otherwise I don't know how I was able to purchase players netting $100M with a transfer budget of $70-80M.

I thought it all came outof your current transfer budget, unless you pay over 18 or 24 months, in which case only half does (for 24 months; not sure about 18, and not sure about add-ond like 'after 50 goals, 10 caps etc). To see how you brought in $100M-worth of players, you'd have to go through your payments + add-ons, installments etc with a fine tooth-comb.

Archived