2-6-2 Theory Wide Diamond plus tactic download

I've been playing FM since the 2005 edition, and well 4 years later, here I am, and finally developing my own tactics.

The formation is 4-1-2-1-2, playing a wide diamond in the midfield. As in the title, ive based this tactic off the 2-6-2 theory as we all witnessed Lippi's tactical prowess at the 2006 World Cup. Now with managing Parma in Serie B, i started off with a decent squad, and most importantly a squad good enough to implement this tactic with some success, after a few personnel changes of course.

Now, i struggled with some other tactics at first, mainly ones ive downloaded from here which landed me midtable, and i kept dropping points due to late goals in matches.

This tactic solved my defensive woes, in fact it made my defense a near impregnable fortress, and since switching to this tactic in mid-october(its now mid-january) ive only let in 7 league goals, 2 goals in the Coppa Italian(against Milan, who i lost to). And my record since implementing this tactic has moved to 11-3-2 in all competitions and has left me tied for 3rd place.

Table-

Table.jpg

Fixtures since switching to this tactic-

Fixtures.jpg

Formation-

Tactic.jpg

Team Instructions-

TeamInstructions.jpg

As you can see it has been quite successful, both offensively and defensively.

The counter-attack works well home or away and i usually go ahead early and never give up the lead, and if not, I come on strong in the final 25 minutes.

This was the case vs. AC Milan. While they dominated the first 75 minutes, we hit them back with around 25 minutes to go. Relentless wing play, crosses left right and centre, just complete domination, but absolutely no goals scored.

Which leads me to my first problem:

I get pleny of penetration from the Strikers and AMC. Simple 1-2's to split the defense, or perfect through balls from the AMC, DMC or even the Wingers. Yet every striker besides Larsson thus far fails to carry the ball close enough to the net to score, or they shoot it right at the keeper from outside the box, while on a 1v1 with the keeper

Striker Instructions-

STinstruc.jpg

What can i do to fix the problem with the lack of scoring from the strikers? My midfield has absolutely no problems scoring, just the strikers.

Now once I tweak and test this tactic vs. some stiff Serie A competition, i may just release it. But if theres enough demand for it now, well give the people what they want.

IMHO this is a great lower league tactic right now, and should guarantee you promotion as long as you have the proper players to play with this tactic.

------

So any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Ive potentially solved the problem.

Ive switched Robert Lewandowski over to the right striker position, and had him track back to the AMC's position to pick up the ball.

Well he's second in Serie A scoring with 7 goals in 12 matches. And i currently sit 10th with only 3 losses. Its coming along nicely.

Which leads me to my first problem:

I get pleny of penetration from the Strikers and AMC. Simple 1-2's to split the defense, or perfect through balls from the AMC, DMC or even the Wingers. Yet every striker besides Larsson thus far fails to carry the ball close enough to the net to score, or they shoot it right at the keeper from outside the box, while on a 1v1 with the keeper

Striker Instructions-

STinstruc.jpg

What can i do to fix the problem with the lack of scoring from the strikers? My midfield has absolutely no problems scoring, just the strikers.

Now once I tweak and test this tactic vs. some stiff Serie A competition, i may just release it. But if theres enough demand for it now, well give the people what they want.

IMHO this is a great lower league tactic right now, and should guarantee you promotion as long as you have the proper players to play with this tactic.

------

So any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Set forward runs to often.

Get a high rated attacking coach.

Create Att Schedule & have attacking & shooting set up to near high, then also a lot of ball control......

Ive potentially solved the problem.

Ive switched Robert Lewandowski over to the right striker position, and had him track back to the AMC's position to pick up the ball.

Well he's second in Serie A scoring with 7 goals in 12 matches. And i currently sit 10th with only 3 losses. Its coming along nicely.

A couple of questions:

1) How's the "dropping" forward being handled by the AI?

2) The marking of your AM. Does their DM drop deep to handle him or do you outnumber their defence.

3) Were are your goals coming from? Crosses or balls through the AM(playmaker)?

dude your an absolute legend!! been playin the same modified 3-5-2 formation wit leeds since fm06 n always workin wonders bringin em back to where we belong and champions of europe eventually!! anyway been playin pretty much non stop since i bought fm09 back in the prem after 3 seasons wit my own formation but totally floppin in the prem despite some woman comin in and takin over wit bags of cash! which is actually kinda frustratin coz she been there a whole season 500mill bank balance n very little transfer budget even after i try adjustin n askin for more!! anyway i tried your formation and im currently on a five game win streak while previously i hadn't won a game for like 15 games! even beat man u 3-0 at old trafford!! dont have any spectacular players or anythin! cheap youngsters that develop doin d job!! cheers bud lookin like your work will keep me up!! hopefully dis b***ch will gimme money n d summer n i can actually buy better players!! thanks again!!

Attacking coach is taken care of, ive got the trainings schedules under control, i believe im using Tug's.

Alright ill change the forward runs to often and let you know how that goes.

Hi mate see my post tactic 4-1-2-1-2 very very simlar tactic which I have used with gret succss, I will try your tactic, could you try mine I will update you as to how I get on with it.

A couple of questions:

1) How's the "dropping" forward being handled by the AI?

2) The marking of your AM. Does their DM drop deep to handle him or do you outnumber their defence.

3) Were are your goals coming from? Crosses or balls through the AM(playmaker)?

1) The AI usually man marks the dropping forward off goal kicks, but he has the ability to win most balls in the air or in fact lose the marker. As well hes man marked during open play when he tracks back, but is fast enough to beat his marker more or less every time and be available for a pass from the AMC, DM, AMR or DR on his side, so its working quite well as i usually have a little passing triangle when going forward with lots of support and the ball makes it up the right side fairly quickly. Ill pay a little more attention to this issue and report back to you.

2) The AMC finds open space quite well as my wingers cut into the middle, forwards drop and the DM is close enough to support him and plays as a secondary AMC right behind the proper AMC, but is shallow enough to get back in case we get caught on the counter-attack. So really its a combination of lots of movement into open spaces coupled with pressure from all sides of the attack that weakens the defense.

3) The goals are coming from everywhere. Crosses from the wings, shots from 30 yards out, shots from the wings as my wingers cut in and get into the box, off goal kicks where the keeper puts it past the defenders if theyre hanging high enough and my striker runs in all alone(had a few of those) and a lot of them come from right up the middle, as all the player movement leads to a lot of open space for through balls, 1-2's and just forward runs by the strikers or AMC's

I completely forgot to set a playmaker, yes it would be the AMC, let me adjust this and get back to you.

In fact, it could be possibly be the DMC also as Lippi's tactics do employ Pirlo as a deep playmaker.

Now given your DMC has the proper skills required to act as a playmaker, which in my case Banega does, ill try both the AMC as a playmaker, then the DMC.

Testing with Celtic in SPL, although a much changed Celtic.

Having very good results with it, I recommend it particularly if you have a very strong DM and very creative AMF.

I have two strikers both with high crea/flair and have put them both on free roles, scoring regularly. I'd recomend wingers with high attacking attributes.

Strikers aren't pouring goals in, but the MF pick up the slack. The only time so far in FM09 I have managed to get strikers to score consistently is if I play one up front with a lot of support.

I will test this tactic. Its my 3rd season, finished 7th first, second i finished 8th and was defeated in 1/4 finals i uefa cup.

My team:

boro.jpg

Things i have seen from pre-season is:

Tested both dm and am as playmakers and its better to play with the am. DM gets much passes anyway.

If your winger is not offensive, he wont be a part of the game as much as we want to :)

Tweaked FCd so he haves through balls, normal. And normal forward runs on playmaker (amc).

normal longshots on dmc and amc

First match against man utd now.

This is where i currently sit in March

table2.jpg

im not satisfied with my defensive efforts, im not sure if its the tactic or if its my defenders but its likely ill tinker with the defense until i can get them to tighten up. This issue has compromised several of my results which im not too pleased with..

defensetac.jpg

so if anyone has any suggestions as to how i can tweak this tactic to concede less goals, please speak up, along with any solutions for replacements of defenders. Im also enjoying this feedback, so keep it coming. Cheers lads.

I think I might have made a breakthrough with the scoring and defensive issues. Ive moved the team mentality slider to dead centre, and so far i've won 3 straight matches like this including a 4-2 thrashing of Fiorentina. This might be the perfect balance between defense and attack.

Edit: just beat Lazio 4-1. Wish i had done this earlier in the season. Both my strikers got 2 goals a piece and theyve both scored in the last few games in a row. This is good news.

Archived