Little bug, if anyone's interested

[for the record, I am playing in windowed mode on Vista]

When watching the game in commentary only, and at maximum speed, if you press the button to change your tactics, the game spends a long time thinking about it (whilst the match continues taking place at max speed but you can't do anything), then the screen (well the FM window) goes black for a few seconds, and says at the top that it is not responding (comp does not freeze, can still use other progs), and then eventually you get the tactics screen up. Altogether this takes maybe ten seconds, which is enough for it to be a pain; it does not happen at all if the match speed is one notch lower than maximum (or in fact any other speed), you are taken immediately to the tactics screen in those instances.

BTW, is there a specific forum for bugs? feel free to move this if neccessary

The issue completely disappears if the speed is changed by one notch, it is a disproportionate delay relative to the amount of processing the computer has to do, so I'm pretty sure there is some underlying cause other than processing time (this is also a brand new machine that has absolutely no speed problems anywhere else in the game).

The issue completely disappears if the speed is changed by one notch, it is a disproportionate delay relative to the amount of processing the computer has to do, so I'm pretty sure there is some underlying cause other than processing time (this is also a brand new machine that has absolutely no speed problems anywhere else in the game).

Had the same problem mate, and lowering the match speed a notch does indeed address the slow tactics screen!

Many thanks

Archived