How important is the language barrier?

I've just run a little test with my latest save and after a horrible first season i wondered why my super star man city side were failing. so i started a fresh new game and made the same signings as my previous game, but before hand went into the editor and changed all my future signings' languages stat to english 10/10.

after finishing a dismal 11th with $160 million to spend in my first season, i improved to narrowly losing the title to Chelsea in a very respectable 2nd place with my squad all speaking perfect english to each other!

my point is that i'd never considered this to be a problem in the past (since FM06), and have never based any transfers on which language a player speaks and whether they'd gel with the team quickly or not, and i'd be keen to hear if anyone else has come accross the same thing. or if anyone actually considers language before making a signing?

I've often seen on the Ass Man's in-game report that "Player X is having trouble fitting in with the squad due to language" etc. I wasn't aware it had that much effect though :O

Are you sure there wasn't any other major differences in the games such as injuries?

nope very few injuries all season, and none for longer than a 3 week period (which is a pleasant change to the demo). also forgot to mention that i'd used the same tactic both times, exactly the same without adjustments

Archived