What does the roaming thing do in scouts assignment?

I have never seen it before, however I think I know. Bare (bear?) with me....

I had (what I thought was) a problem when I started my game. All of the scouts already had assignments. Eredivisie, reserve league, U-19 league, next opposition, and the world. I thought these were pretty reasonable and that it would be interesting to see where the last guy goes and what/who he finds, so I left them all as they were. After a month, the guy who is scouting the world comes back to say he has been in Greece and has not found anybody. The next month he gave me another update and had found a couple of players (still in Greece), but the next month, and the one after, and the one after that, and so on, he kept updating me every month, telling me that he has not found any new players. Always in Greece.

I thought this was wrong since he was assigned to the world, so I cancelled his assignment, and then assigned him to the world again. This time he went to the Czech Republic, and stayed there for about 6 months, despite only finding a handful of players. So, from then on, I only assigned scouts to individual countries rather than regions.

Having now seen that box, I think that what happened to me it what was supposed to happen, ie if the box is not ticked, he will choose a coiuntry and stay there for a long time (possibly the entire duration of the assignment), and if you tick it, he will move around from country to country quite quickly (but obviously scouting in less depth). I do not know this though, I just thought of it right now and could well be completely wrong, in which case I have just wasted a significant period of my life typing out this reply.

I am going to find out whether I am correct now, though.

I hope SI will take a look at scouting then because it seems that scouts take too long to scout nations, especially since the roaming scout would imply he only takes a superficial look at each countries talent pool, and will be presented with players based on the knowlegde the individual clubs has in the different countries...

I have never seen it before, however I think I know. Bare (bear?) with me....

I had (what I thought was) a problem when I started my game. All of the scouts already had assignments. Eredivisie, reserve league, U-19 league, next opposition, and the world. I thought these were pretty reasonable and that it would be interesting to see where the last guy goes and what/who he finds, so I left them all as they were. After a month, the guy who is scouting the world comes back to say he has been in Greece and has not found anybody. The next month he gave me another update and had found a couple of players (still in Greece), but the next month, and the one after, and the one after that, and so on, he kept updating me every month, telling me that he has not found any new players. Always in Greece.

I thought this was wrong since he was assigned to the world, so I cancelled his assignment, and then assigned him to the world again. This time he went to the Czech Republic, and stayed there for about 6 months, despite only finding a handful of players. So, from then on, I only assigned scouts to individual countries rather than regions.

Having now seen that box, I think that what happened to me it what was supposed to happen, ie if the box is not ticked, he will choose a coiuntry and stay there for a long time (possibly the entire duration of the assignment), and if you tick it, he will move around from country to country quite quickly (but obviously scouting in less depth). I do not know this though, I just thought of it right now and could well be completely wrong, in which case I have just wasted a significant period of my life typing out this reply.

I am going to find out whether I am correct now, though.

I read it. Thanks for your thoughts. I've always put it on roaming because I enjoy the pot luck style of scouting.

Archived