Lets not kid oursleves there is too many long shots

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get a few but most of my shots are within the penalty area. I found that I had alot of long shots, but then I set my team tactics so the players went down the wing, getting my wingers involved. This worked wonders for me, less long shots, more shots in the box and more goals.

Still doesn't stop the AI from pinging at goal from 40 yards too often though. The bad thing is they're quite successful with it.

it only happens when the strikers get frustriated, just like real like. When they defending is top notch they start to aim from outside the box, i fixed it by getting my support players to cross in more and start to cut inside more. i found out that if your wingers dont supply pass's, everytime the striker or amc get the ball they shoot, I told my AML to cross often and my AMR(RONALDO) to cross less but more foward runs and free role and he goes a lot of assists and goals now

Again..doesn't stop the AI from trying it..

I'm not saying my tactics completely stop this happening, but they have reduced the amount. It annoys me when they do it. However if they didn't, then Sam Parkin wouldn't have chipped the keeper from the edge of the centre circle (in the opposing teams half) to score.

I agree with the AI trying shots from 30 yards out. It's not the fact it's a long shot bug more so a decision bug, if nothing is on it should either hold back, run at defenders or pass side or pass back NOT shoot.

I have strikers on rarely long shots and they still do it although not so often. But there are still fewer shots within the penalty area.

I agree with the AI trying shots from 30 yards out. It's not the fact it's a long shot bug more so a decision bug, if nothing is on it should either hold back, run at defenders or pass side or pass back NOT shoot.

I have strikers on rarely long shots and they still do it although not so often. But there are still fewer shots within the penalty area.

The most annoying thing is when their central defenders start having long punts that fly into the net. This typically coincides with a dip in form, but its "disheartening" to see your team concede 6 goals in 9 games from centre backs and midfielders who have long shots at 5 and below.

My team has scored a pitiful 14 goals in 10 games and 3 have been inside the area. One was a penalty, one from a corner and one slotted home just inside the area. The rest have been pot shots from outside the box from the likes of Joseph Yobo and Phil Jagielka.

The opposition goals are mainly coming from crosses.

One thing i noticed throughout many of my matches so far is that if i am protecting a lead, i play with an anchor man and man mark their most creative midfield player. That marked player then proceeds to start shooting a lot more from 35 yards. This isnt out of the ordinary i suppose due to time on the ball, frustration etc but i counted 6 long shots by one player in the last 35 minutes. And they were long shots. (35 yards plus) and there were players in much better positions just infront.

I think it is partially down to tactics, but what is the alternative? Give the likes of Deco and Gerrard licence to mince about and play the striker through on goal?

This is the first version of the game where i have had to really sit and think about my tactics and its taking some getting used to.

Loving it though

Opened a thread on this myself, my team have conceded an unrealistically huge amount of goals from long range, included a John Terry hat trick, and my player try it all too often themselves, even with long range shots set to rarely. In fact, my right winger who has through balls to often, will shoot more than he will try to pass and this is with little creative freedom.

SI said they would not do a 3D match engine unless it could be done propley, and to be honest this is poor.

i know were all happy its finally here the fact we have all been dreaming of the concept of FM in 3D for years, but stop, take a step back and you have to face the fact that this is quite poor.......sorry has to be said.

it not just the long shots, they go in because the goalkeepers are so poor...... there are a few things bugged up with it, but i love FM so i'll just play it old school, In 2D.

I don't mind the odd long shot but all my team seem to get is "agonizingly close" whereas the opposition seem to be able to score wonder goal after wonder goal, i'm pretty sure at this rate all the goals in the goal of the month category will have been scored against my team. It's also hard to accept when all the goals hit more or less near the middle of the net, nowhere near the corner, so either my goalkeeper is a bit on the slow side (which i'm not willing to admit) or the ball is swerving but can be portrayed in the 3D engine. Also, this years game is so much harder tactically, i like it but it is extremely frustrating!

Just to add, my team are playing 10 times better in 2D then 3D, why is that? no changes or anything, they just play better and score more.

2D or 3D, the performance should still be the same!

lol, its just superstition. Its actually exactly the same.

It used to be

"if i play in text mode i get better results than 2d"

Now its people saying 2d is easier than 3d... Its like cavemen running in fear the first time they see fire lol

Seriously though if both of the above statements are true then those having trouble playing in 3d should switch to text mode as working on what people said when it switched to 2d they will score 10 goals a game

As you say its just superstition imo, that and people obviously arent accepting any responsibility for their own tactics.

One would question (for instance) how on earth John Terry came to have more than one shot from distance, you obviously are backing off way to much and allowing to much space.

My understanding is that if the players are dominating possesion and there are no passes on cause everyone in front of them is clogged up being marked to death then they are MUCH more likely to just meander forwards and have a pop at goal, you know much like real life :)

The 3D is just a new view, not a new match engine. They have changed the match engine, but it's not because of 3D. In other words 3D is just another way to represent the match engine, not a different match engine. If long shots are a problem, it's a problem with the match engine and has nothing to do with the new 3D view.

My players are taking too many too it seems, but I think this partly down to the opp defence and midfield playing deep, so there is no space for my strikers. My midfield then struggle and end up trying pot shots.

So is this a "long shots bug" or a problems with the AI defending too deep or having too much of a defensive mentality???

so many people cant be wrong, you just dont want to face it, which is cool thats up to you, but i refuse to wear blinkers.

If it was the same how comes defenders are not scoring from 40 yards in 2D as they do in 3D....your just so desprete for 3D you wont accept its actually crap.....sorry to burst bubbles, thats the way it is..........

so many people cant be wrong, you just dont want to face it, which is cool thats up to you, but i refuse to wear blinkers.

If it was the same how comes defenders are not scoring from 40 yards in 2D as they do in 3D....your just so desprete for 3D you wont accept its actually crap.....sorry to burst bubbles, thats the way it is..........

You, sir, are a fool.

How many times...the match engine is the exact same no matter which view you use. Hence why you can have the 2D radar up in 3D and they are doing the exact same actions

There are not two different match engines, there is only one match engine, ergo, you are wrong.

A couple of things here...

For people saying that it's the match engine's fault that the shots are from long range, it's not... It's your fault! Fix your tactics! I'm not here to fix them, go to the tactics forum for that!

Next, the engine is an upgrade on the old one, it being in 3d doesn't mean there's anything different, it's just a new representation. Stop blaming the engine and find what you're doing wrong!

A couple of things here...

For people saying that it's the match engine's fault that the shots are from long range, it's not... It's your fault! Fix your tactics! I'm not here to fix them, go to the tactics forum for that!

Next, the engine is an upgrade on the old one, it being in 3d doesn't mean there's anything different, it's just a new representation. Stop blaming the engine and find what you're doing wrong!

Again, its a good idea to let John Terry shoot from 40 yards, don't you think? Its a flaw if he can score a hattrick of 40 yarders, don't you think?

hallalejah someome else.... i couldnt agree more..... ive been posting this ever since saturday but no one wants to now, they all say tactics and that ****es me off even more. The match engine is crap on this game but people keep saying its fantastic. BERNARD MENDY, NOE PARAMOT and WES BROWN x2 all scored 30 yarders agianst me in the first 3 games of the season. People keep moaning aswell about my strikers cant score and my strikers rating is always low, the simple answer to that is they wont get a high rating or score cos the midfielders and defenders just SHOOT.

DELTAROAD i think evry one else likes their centre halfs scoring wondergoals but me like you think this is a big flaw in the ME.

It is possible for this to be a problem with tactics AND for there to be some kind of problem within the match engine. They don't have to be mutually exclusive. Simply reducing the number of long shots all round will affect tactics where this is not happening and result in just as big a problem.

Good player + Space on the edge of the box = GOAL!

Close the ****ers down before they get that chance...

Good try, now try reading the thread.

John Terry + 40 yards from goal + long shots stat of 5 or whatever = GOAL!? or even GOALSSSSS!?

Wes Brown?

Your average Blue Square North centre back?

I thought i'd sorted my tactics after pre season, but in my first league game I had my defensive midfielder hit a long shot on 6 occasions and it hit the post/bar each time. It all elad to a rather humilating 3-1 loss away to Hertha Berlin :(

lol, you are funny.

you really can't see that there is no difference between the two?

both the 2d and the 3d visual engine is above the layer of the matchengine, which is responsible vor everything that happens in the match.

matchengine simulates the game->2d engine renders it/3d engine renders it.

but they are rendering the same thing...

I wish SI would acknowledge this
Long shots are a problem it's been well documented, this problem as been documented before the PAtch. Why hasn't SI responded?

agree with all this, to many people happy with a crap match engine, which is beggars belief and i am concerned SI arnt going to fix it in any possible patch

Archived