2 ip addresses..... neither work

First of all make sure he's trying to connect using the correct IP address. If you are unsure what your public IP address is you can check at:

http://whatsmyip.org/

Note that if your ISP provides a dynamic IP address this is likely to change everytime you reset or switch off your router so I advise checking it each time before your friend tries to connect.

As for port forwarding, previous versions of Football Manager have used the ports 10093-10094 for both UDP and TCP. I don't see why this would have changed so I reccommend these are the ones you open. If you are worried about security I suggest you only allow these ports to be open whilst you are playing the game, close them afterwards.

If you are using a Firewall, particularly something like Zone Alarm, you may need to enable the ports through that as well.

Hope this helps.

i've opened those ports and have opened so many bloody ports in the past and it still doesn't work. i had huge problems with my ps3 online and i basically had to learn how to do it myself. would really like to know what's going on with this problem, maybe someone at SI could help us sort it out. i put my IP in a DMZ and that didn't even work, is it my router's fault or sky's fault or SI's fault?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived