FM08 on 09

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but can't find.

Is there a way of playing FM08 save games that are not on default databases on 09?

I tried moving the database from the 08 folder (My Docs > SI > FM 08 > DB etc). When I load the game it says something about not being able to find the database so will use the original... then FM disappears from the Task Bar.

Does anyone know a solution as I have a really good game but want to play 09.

Damn. I had a game 3 seasons in. :(

I had a game 32 seasons in, for me having to start again every year is one of the few things that keeps me sane. I often worry that if I didn't have to restart every year my belief that my FM world was real would start spilling into every day life... like back when I had 01/02 and kept playing it well into the next few releases, I actually began thinking that my regens were the worlds star players and stated the weeks results when asked as my latest result on CM... bleak times. Thankfully, I recovered and as proof I can state with full confidence this weeks main game in the premiership was York 3-1 Lincoln City, with the winning goal a delightful lob from close range by York star Darren Davies.

I had a game 32 seasons in, for me having to start again every year is one of the few things that keeps me sane. I often worry that if I didn't have to restart every year my belief that my FM world was real would start spilling into every day life... like back when I had 01/02 and kept playing it well into the next few releases, I actually began thinking that my regens were the worlds star players and stated the weeks results when asked as my latest result on CM... bleak times. Thankfully, I recovered and as proof I can state with full confidence this weeks main game in the premiership was York 3-1 Lincoln City, with the winning goal a delightful lob from close range by York star Darren Davies.

LOL you made my day

That would be an awesome feature, you can do that with Paradox strategy games. Maybe some clever person could write a data conversion tool? :D

Sadly, that wouldn't be possible with the way FM works. Between versions there are so many changes to structures, underlying code etc. that it wouldn't be possible to make it compatible, and if it were then it would likely fall over and die a lot.

You can view saved matches from 08 to 09 with the 3d engine but i realised the the final score is other.I remember i saved a game from 08 where i had win 0 - 7 and when i saw it at 09 it came 0 - 2

I tried this with the demo out of curiosity. My 3-1 win became a 1-0 loss. All the players looked the same too.

Transferring a save to the latest game would be great. Even if the data was not fully consistent with the way it was in FM08. It's like you've lost all your previous work when you upgrade.

Archived