How long does it take for the team to gel?

Just downloaded a few tactics but my team is virtually a new starting 11 I only have 5 players in the squad from the team I fielded last season. How long does it take for a team to gel? Any tips on how to tell if its the team not gelling or the tactic not working? So far I have won 3 lost 4 with the tactic away results are not good but home is. Sorry if this is a stupid question just got me thinking thats all.

Because you still play the same style, with minor tweaks to mentality, marking and runs, but essentially keep the same shape.

Your players should be adept at their positions, so thats not an issue, the individual instructions are, and in theory once they learn where the other players are, then they "gel"

Gelling starts after 15 competitive matches. I imagine it continues by the same increment, but I'm not sure. Obviously, if you add new players it puts the time scale back a bit.

What do you base that on, wwfan?

(Sorry, that sounds combative, but I'm just curious as to how you're measuring it - is this going on assistant manager feedback, or something?)

My form always picks up in december, then drops in January if I bring in players. It never fails! I think this feature is exaggerated and very predictable.

Last december the team had a "strong understanding" and we enjoyed a good run. Then I signed 2 guys in January, one of them for the U20 team, and BAM! Team destroyed until May, just in time to avoid relegation. Like clockwork.

When the summer came, I was very careful with the signings, and the Asst.Man reported "strong understanding" almost up until the competitive matches started again, at which point we got knocked down by 2 gel notches (no players were signed in between). So I'm fully expecting bad form until December as usual, but this time I won't sign ANYONE in January, or the form will predictably go down the drain again.

I'm 1/3rd of the way through the season and my team are just starting to get things together as far as getting on with each other and playing to my tactics.

Fredric, maybe trying playing your January signings in the reserve team for a few weeks then bring them into games as subs? Unless they're superstars that are going to save your season? My 2c

Archived