Man City 4-4-2 playmaker

Have won the league, undefeated in second season , won uefa cup in first. i know man city have a bit of money but this tactic works brilliantly.

left side middle midfield is the playmaker, one big man one little man up front - pace is important.

http://rapidshare.com/files/165131589/city1__Man_City__Aug_2008_.tac

id be interested to see any other success with it.....

**updated**

ive now updated this tactic, mcl is still playamker, stl is the good header and str is pacy

new 442 playmaker:

http://rapidshare.com/files/184551880/NewCnty1.1__Newport_Co__May_2009_.tac

use if you get a 3 goal lead or just late on:

541 late on

http://rapidshare.com/files/184553337/NewCnty1.2_1up___Newport_Co__May_2012_.tac

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll give this a try. What's your team like?

its amazing!

i have spent about £150million in 2 seasons tho

akinfeev

foubert

marcelo

richards

lescott

zhirkov

thiago neves

van der vaart

diarra

huntelaar

cardozo

subs: hart, leo, fellaini, rafina, ireland, robinho, pandev, wright phillips, vlaar, ireland, jo, downing, balotelli, m johnson

diarra & cardozo are the main men for me

I'm currently managing Croatian side Hajduk and just beat Villa 2-1 at home in Uefa Cup with this tactic, I like the gameplay and the defense, I mean good in both offence and defence, I expecially like that the playmaker knows how to make himself available for his teammates to pass him the ball, only 1 match with it but really good, gonna keep u posted ;)

lol mate i got thrashed 4-2 by real madrid, 69% possesion to them and 17shots for them compared to my 9 , defenders all got 5 , messi scored 2 again but its not been working too well for me, i will try it for about 15 games tho let you know if it gets better

Am going to try this tactic now, big game against Sevilla in the Champions League so I hope it works!

Edit - won 3-1 but was a lot closer than that going by the stats. They had a lot of possession and attempts on goal, and one of my goals was a penalty. And they had 2 players sent off in the last 10 minutes and Robinho missed a 2nd penalty.

AMAZING!!! I faced Villeraeal away from home as Liverpool in the Champions league and they were firm favourites. Up until this game i had struggled to get any decent performances out of Torres. However with this tatic implemented Torres scored two first half goals to ensure we won 3-1 with their only goal (and decent chance) coming from a keeper error. He even managed to pick up man of the match because of it! Thank you very much.

haha, ok the first match was less than ideal...

In the first minute, Raul broke through my apparently non existant defence and scored.

four and a half minutes later, Radoi had the intellegence to elbow Van Nistelrooy in the face (fair play, we've all wanted to do that at some point) This made me laugh, or cry (i can't remember which) because i remember saying in the pre-match press conference that it was "vital" my players kept a cool head hehe.

I then got another player sent off and lost 6-1, happy days. I'll stick with this for a bit, but it better inprove soon.

Agree it's doing wonders for my Pompey team.

Diarra is the dogs in this tactic.

Yes Diarra as the right sided middle midfielder really does excel. If you can afford him try and get Fellaini from Everton and try him as the MC that gets in the box, the amount of headers he is putting away really makes a difference

Gave this tactic a go as Liverpool. Won all the friendlies ok. Scraped wins against some small teams in the league then got beat 3 - 2 by Juventus in the champions league then Tottenham destroyed me 4 - 0 at Anfield and it should have been 8 because they missed an open goal 4 times and we never had a shot. Sorry but it just doesn't seem up to much to me. It should be doing better than that with Liverpool.

Gave this tactic a go as Liverpool. Won all the friendlies ok. Scraped wins against some small teams in the league then got beat 3 - 2 by Juventus in the champions league then Tottenham destroyed me 4 - 0 at Anfield and it should have been 8 because they missed an open goal 4 times and we never had a shot. Sorry but it just doesn't seem up to much to me. It should be doing better than that with Liverpool.

who did you use as a playmaker

The difference in PPM is what makes a potentially good poacher bad in this formation. A striker with the PPM of 'moves into channels' isn't really effective in the poacher role as they are not in the correct position to receive a slotted pass from the strong forward.

So if you have a fast striker with a PPM of 'moves into channels' I would advise tweaking his settings to try to get him to stay more central.

you need to select him on the drop down menu on the right hand side

Im NUFC and currently have Guthrie in the LCM but he's not exactly a playmaker and don't have the funds to buy one. So far without selecting a playmaker I won all 4 friendlies well and beat Boro 3-0 in my 1st game of season so maybe I can get away without putting him as a playmaker.

who did you use as a playmaker

I used Gerrard as my playmaker on the left and alonso on the right.

I think it may also be down to morale after the defeat to Juventus but it was just shocking because we were doing so well in the league, clear 3 points at the top then band 4 - 0 down at home to tottenham and we hardly had a kick. What made it even worse was that I went onto the club information screen just afterwards and the game crashed and I had to shut it down so I'd be angry if i did win to be honest because I hadn't saved my game.

who is your playmaker that plays on the left side? Can I put a central midfielder to be the playmaker?

ive got van der vaart/fellaini/m johnson who all play it great for me. id say any MC who likes to get into the box and is good creativly can do it

I used Gerrard as my playmaker on the left and alonso on the right.

I think it may also be down to morale after the defeat to Juventus but it was just shocking because we were doing so well in the league, clear 3 points at the top then band 4 - 0 down at home to tottenham and we hardly had a kick. What made it even worse was that I went onto the club information screen just afterwards and the game crashed and I had to shut it down so I'd be angry if i did win to be honest because I hadn't saved my game.

id say Gerrard as the playmaker on the left and alonso as the MC who holds his position would be absolutely ideal. that tottenham game must have been a one off

Im NUFC and currently have Guthrie in the LCM but he's not exactly a playmaker and don't have the funds to buy one. So far without selecting a playmaker I won all 4 friendlies well and beat Boro 3-0 in my 1st game of season so maybe I can get away without putting him as a playmaker.

if you havent got the cash, i cant think of anyone at newcastle who can play it really. try unticking the playmaker option in team settings.

still if its getting results why change

if you havent got the cash, i cant think of anyone at newcastle who can play it really. try unticking the playmaker option in team settings.

still if its getting results why change

aggghh!! Sold Beye for 6.5m and accepted an offer from Spurs for Owen £20m only for a transfer embargo to come in place for a takeover, deadline day has now passed and Im stuck with what I have and stuck with Owen who doesnt want to sign a contract. I would have had £24m to replace Owen and get a playmaker. 3 wins from 3 so far have set Guthrie as playmaker the last 2 not ideal but I'll persist.

id say Gerrard as the playmaker on the left and alonso as the MC who holds his position would be absolutely ideal. that tottenham game must have been a one off

I suppose so with the massive amount of positive feedback on here. I'm starting a new game as Inter. They only seem to have Stankovic as a real AMC and he doesn't really seem like a true playmaker. Can you suggest anyone who'd be ideal for them in that position? I'm thinking Riquelme

I suppose so with the massive amount of positive feedback on here. I'm starting a new game as Inter. They only seem to have Stankovic as a real AMC and he doesn't really seem like a true playmaker. Can you suggest anyone who'd be ideal for them in that position? I'm thinking Riquelme

van der vaart was for sale on mine so an obvious choice. Diego from werder and Jovetic from Fiorentina looked good too. i bought Vukcevic who im going to use a bit now.

the problem (or advantage) with City is you really can buy loads or top players. id be interested if any llm have given this tactic ago

Archived