So unrealistic?

Lol ****** wyrley its a simulation

At sixteen I realy would ahve thought you would have more intelligence to contribute a better reply than that, you even get basic grammer wrong. All I said that it is a game. Yes it is a simulation, but you can't expect it to be spot on beacuse that is impossible to do. Fact is alot of one-on-ones in real life are actually missed, especially if you've got a quality keeper in goal like Clayton Ince.

At sixteen I realy would ahve thought you would have more intelligence to contribute a better reply than that, you even get basic grammer wrong. All I said that it is a game. Yes it is a simulation, but you can't expect it to be spot on beacuse that is impossible to do. Fact is alot of one-on-ones in real life are actually missed, especially if you've got a quality keeper in goal like Clayton Ince.

Say what? :D

Clayton Ince, is in fact a quality keeper:). There are a large number of one on ones scored, but then again, a large number are missed. I think if you start gettin a stupid amount of one on one misses, then either your striker is useless or "it is unrealistic"

i think the 1st option is more logical.

Clayton Ince, is in fact a quality keeper:). There are a large number of one on ones scored, but then again, a large number are missed. I think if you start gettin a stupid amount of one on one misses, then either your striker is useless or "it is unrealistic"

I'm sorry..if Clayton Ince is a quality keeper why doesn't he play for Chelsea..Man Utd..Liverpool etc? In fact forget that, why doesn't he play for Hull City, or West Brom?

I'm nit picking I know, but his statement would have been better if he used an example like Petr Cech or Brad Friedel..

Ok, if I'm honest, Clayton Isn't world class, but he is still a damn good keeper, especially at league one level. I feel sorry for the bloke, if he had the right breaks he could well be atleast a top championship keeper. He is big, goot shot stopper, catches everything, he scares opposing strikers, however his kicking is woeful. I would say he is one of the best keepers in the lower leagues.

I support Blackburn. I'm used to having Brad Friedel in goal, who is, lets face it, the definition of a "human wall" :D

However, I'm now coming to terms with Paul Robinson, and gradually, I can see how someone like Clayton Ince can be described as quality.

We went from having the most reliable goalkeeper in the league to the least reliable :( And now we're in the bottom three!

I support Blackburn. I'm used to having Brad Friedel in goal, who is, lets face it, the definition of a "human wall" :D

However, I'm not coming to terms with Paul Robinson, and gradually, I can see how someone like Clayton Ince can be described as quality.

We went from having the most reliable goalkeeper in the league to the least reliable :( And now we're in the bottom three!

When I read you supported Blackburn it reminded me of Mark Bunn, former Northampton keeper who signed for Rovers. I think if Ince was younger then he would be like Bunn, signing at Premiership level, even if it is only as back up.

to be fair Bunn isn't even backup. When robinson was injured, Jason Brown played instead. Jason Brown, by the way, looked much more reliable than Robinson when he played. Robinson gives a goal away almost every game.

Robinson is getting better with each game, you clearly have no idea what it's like to have lost all confidence. To come back from that takes alot of effort so i praise him for that. He has just been recalled to the england squad, and if you are a Rovers fan like me i would hope you give our players support, especially as when Robinson can be a top keeper if he gets back to full confidence.

Owen and martins aren't exactly useless, though are they .... :rolleyes:

Robinson is getting better with each game, you clearly have no idea what it's like to have lost all confidence. To come back from that takes alot of effort so i praise him for that. He has just been recalled to the england squad, and if you are a Rovers fan like me i would hope you give our players support, especially as when Robinson can be a top keeper if he gets back to full confidence.

Getting better? What about the flap in the last game? :D

I gave him support, but by the 5th game of the season he had cost us 3 goals :D

To be honest, even before the goal against Croatia (which I still don't think is his fault) He was letting in a lot of long range shots for a couple of years, and flapping at all sorts of crosses.

When he moved to Tottenham, he clearly put on weight, and he gradually went down hill. I think he had a decent first season for them and then went gradually down hill.

I'm just galled that we wasted £3 million on him, Jason Brown looked better when he came in.

Wakers, write a letter of complaint to Paul Ince. Im sure he would take it deep into consideration :D

But don't forget, Ince probably saw Robinson and thought "ohhhh, big name signing for my standards :)"

he signed Andrews ffs, that was a gamble, but maybe Andrews can prove his worth?

Andrews actually looks semi-decent, but he's slow.

To be honest I'm not liking Ince's management skills, a clear step down from Hughes, we can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives and we're losing to teams we should really be beating.

I mean who in their right mind would play one of the smallest and slowest centre backs in the league (Khizanashvilli) against Kenwyn Jones and Djibril Cisse?

Getting better? What about the flap in the last game? :D

I gave him support, but by the 5th game of the season he had cost us 3 goals :D

To be honest, even before the goal against Croatia (which I still don't think is his fault) He was letting in a lot of long range shots for a couple of years, and flapping at all sorts of crosses.

When he moved to Tottenham, he clearly put on weight, and he gradually went down hill. I think he had a decent first season for them and then went gradually down hill.

I'm just galled that we wasted £3 million on him, Jason Brown looked better when he came in.

Rubbish, Robinson got man of the match when we lost to chelsea 2-0, would have been alot more without him. If we support him and he will improve, get on his case week in week out and he wont, either be a supporter or be one of those fans who just moans, who would you have signed for 3m? Or what if Ince would have given Brown alot of games and he flopped, then we were left with no options at all.

Well, just look at Ince's credentials ..

> Paul Emerson Herbert Carlyle Ince

played > West Ham, Man Utd, Inter, L'Pool, Boro, Wolves, Swindon & Maccelsfield

managed> Maccelsfield, MK Dons, Blackburn

as his playing career goes, he's done very well, but managment wise, i can't see any justification, and out 'n' out experience to manage in the top flight. I think if he could have stayed at MK for 1 more year (See how they do in League 1) then possibly step up the grade.

Thats why "as im told" he would make a sloppy descision in signing Robinson..By the sounds of it, his tactics are questionable aswell.

Robinson sadly has had his confidence (and apparently any remaining talent) shot to pieces by the Tottenham goalkeeper effect, ask Gomes what i mean he is currently experiencing the same thing, only accelerated to a much faster degree :)

Give me some contact details and i will ask him myself :) .. hope he can speak good english, im from the black country, most englishmen can't understand us, let alone brazilians

Give me some contact details and i will ask him myself :) .. hope he can speak good english, im from the black country, most englishmen can't understand us, let alone brazilians

You dont need to ask him, just watch him play as he fumbles and gaffs his way toward being the worst keeper Tottenham have had in ages LOL.

Tottenham have cursed goalkeepers and defenders, regardless how much money they spend on them they still let in bucket loads of goals.

Just like Liverpool have cursed forwards, you can buy the best forwards in the world in within 2 seasons all the flair and creativity is sucked from their game and they become dull workmen like machines...

Anywayyy back on topic :D

You dont need to ask him, just watch him play as he fumbles and gaffs his way toward being the worst keeper Tottenham have had in ages LOL.

Tottenham have cursed goalkeepers and defenders, regardless how much money they spend on them they still let in bucket loads of goals.

Just like Liverpool have cursed forwards, you can buy the best forwards in the world in within 2 seasons all the flair and creativity is sucked from their game and they become dull workmen like machines...

Anywayyy back on topic :D

That's similar to the thing they have with wingers. They buy three or four, then after a season they've suddenly all been turned into average central midfielders or they're permanently crocked :D

That's similar to the thing they have with wingers. They buy three or four, then after a season they've suddenly all been turned into average central midfielders or they're permanently crocked :D

I used to have a theory that Houlier (spelling?) was a talent vampire but it still happens since he left. Its not that they become crap, but players go there full of promise to be the next big thing and with the flair and creativity by the bucket load then the longer they are there the more robotic and devoid of flair they become.

My new theory is that its Steven Gerrards fault, he is a talent vampire, they buy new people so he can suck their lifeforce out of them to maintain his ridiculous good form for Liverpool, cause lets face it without him theyd be screwed :)

However, I'm now coming to terms with Paul Robinson, and gradually, I can see how someone like Clayton Ince can be described as quality.

Ive won the league with Blackburn and im a Blackburn fan there is nuffin wrong with Paul Robinson althou people who are fickle will say there is after a few games Would you rather have Gomes? the only thing that need sorting in Blackburn is Paul Ince..

Ive won the league with Blackburn and im a Blackburn fan there is nuffin wrong with Paul Robinson althou people who are fickle will say there is after a few games Would you rather have Gomes? the only thing that need sorting in Blackburn is Paul Ince..

I'd rather we kept Friedel than sold him off for a pittance and spent too much on Robinson, because, lets face it, Friedel is 10x the goalkeeper that Robinson is, and ever will be.

Because your not even a supporter, you havn't made a single positive comment on blackburn in this thread yet you have already given up on our Goalkeeper before he has even had a chance and i would bet my life your on all the other forums slagging other players off too.

Are you Burnley is disguise?

Because your not even a supporter, you havn't made a single positive comment on blackburn in this thread yet you have already given up on our Goalkeeper before he has even had a chance and i would bet my life your on all the other forums slagging other players off too.

Are you Burnley is disguise?

Don't be ridiculous. Are you really a supporter? You don't even know me ffs. I wonder what other sweeping comments I can make about you after our tiny conversation on one small aspect of the team, Oh I know one I can make, I bet you haven't been to a game in 10 years! If at all! How's that for a random, unfounded speculative comment?

Before he's had a chance? How many chances does someone need?

Is there anything positive to say about Rovers this year? So far our only positives have been Emerton playing well and Warnock proving to be more versatile than we first thought.

Grow up.

Grow up? Try looking in the mirror. Im defending the team i support while your slagging off it, your not a supporter simple as, as i said before you have no idea what it is like to lose all confidence in yourself, if you think Robinson can just turn that around with 10? games your an idiot, it's "supporters" like you that will hold him back.

And as for positives which your far too blind to see then there are plenty, we have a fantastic young wonderkid (Villaneuva) were on the brink of signing one of Norways top youngsters and we have a decent transfer budget to play with in January aswell.

The one thing i will praise Ince for is not rushing his signings, we have had alot of players on trial which is fantastic to see.

One Ince either improves tactically or is replaced we will be moving forward at a rapid rate.

The worst thing about Rovers this year is people like you putting us down week after week, we dont need it and we dont want supports like you, go support Burnley they are more suited to you, pathetic.

And as for going to matches i will bet on Uncle Jacks soul that i have been to more Blackburn games than you.

Grow up? Try looking in the mirror. Im defending the team i support while your slagging off it, your not a supporter simple as, as i said before you have no idea what it is like to lose all confidence in yourself, if you think Robinson can just turn that around with 10? games your an idiot, it's "supporters" like you that will hold him back.

And as for positives which your far too blind to see then there are plenty, we have a fantastic young wonderkid (Villaneuva) were on the brink of signing one of Norways top youngsters and we have a decent transfer budget to play with in January aswell.

The one thing i will praise Ince for is not rushing his signings, we have had alot of players on trial which is fantastic to see.

One Ince either improves tactically or is replaced we will be moving forward at a rapid rate.

The worst thing about Rovers this year is people like you putting us down week after week, we dont need it and we dont want supports like you, go support Burnley they are more suited to you, pathetic.

And as for going to matches i will bet on Uncle Jacks soul that i have been to more Blackburn games than you.

I get it, you're winding me up :D

What utter drivel that post was :D

I'm not a supporter because I dare to say something negative, you're a joke :D

How do you know what issues i've gone through in my life just by reading this thread? are you clairvoyant? How do you know you've been to more matches than I have? Well done for completely missing the point in my last post.

as a mackem you played well on sat but it was kinda the opposite of the Cup game with Home team playing well in the first half then not playing too good second half

as for one-on-ones, im still undecided on the topic as ive not seen cisse score one yet despite racing clear all the time

I get it, you're winding me up :D

What utter drivel that post was :D

I'm not a supporter because I dare to say something negative, you're a joke :D

How do you know what issues i've gone through in my life just by reading this thread? are you clairvoyant? How do you know you've been to more matches than I have? Well done for completely missing the point in my last post.

What's that saying about arguing with a forum idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, i'll leave it at that, if any real rovers fans wanna discuss the team in a sensible message give me a pm.

What's that saying about arguing with a forum idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, i'll leave it at that, if any real rovers fans wanna discuss the team in a sensible message give me a pm.

Always the one that resorts to name calling that leaves first..

• 4 weeks later...

wakers we as Burnley dont want you now or ever and as for CANTTOUCHTHIS football is a opinion rightly or wrongly my freind your going down and we might might replace you

Would any other club in the prem have gambled on a manager like ince i doubt it so instead of arguing like little boys wht dont you show your support on a saturday because YOUR TEAM your CLUB looks like it needs you

all the best PAUL INCE do what your doing bringing the B++++++ down

ALL THE BEST FROM TURF MOOR

Archived