4-3-3 not working in fm09?

I am playing as inter and I play a 4-3-3 formation ...usually with quaresma and mancini as wingers and a target man in ibrahimovic. Now I have noticed that I dont even create any chances on goal and if I do is usually from long range. I also have my 2 central midfielders in attacking and they arrive in the box to help the attack. The assistant always says my forwards are out numbered and I guess he is true. Now if I move the wingers in a striker's position...play with 3 strikers and no wingers (but keep the same instructions to the players) I create a lot of chances. But then quaresma and mancini dont play in their natural position...so i was wondering if there is a way around this. Anybody had a better chance with a 4-3-3 formation??

I played 4-3-3 with Arsenal in my first season and finished 2nd to Man Utd, although i had the best defence in the Prem i also had one of the worst scoring records. I think that the forwards get outnumbered i played Van Persie up on his own and used Walcott and Vela AMR/L respectively, it seemed to work better and i scored more goals when i had my two central midfielders with much Creative Freedom and put the AMR/L in free roles, they seemed to link up better than having the MC on forward runs.

Archived