Questions from a new fan

Hey everyone. Yes this is my first post. This is also my first FM...well hell i don't even have it yet it arrives from the postman on Friday. Probably in time for the patch.

I have been a FIFA PS3 nut for the past two years and I literally stumbled upon this game last week. I spent 5 hours downloading the demo for mac and as soon as I figured my own right click work around I was off and running. I LOVE this game. I have a new passion. But I still don't know hardly anything about it this game.

I'm sure these are the most amateurish sounding questions but I'd still love an answer to them. without having to search the internet and wade through posts.

Is it moddable? can I download player pics and updates and such. (I'm on mac remember) If so, just how moddable is it.

can I play online with it.

Is football manager live a completely different game or is it a part of this. Its confusing to me since I live in the states and I have to call the game Worldwide Soccer Manager which is ********. I'm one of those people that think football in the states should be called throwball and soccer should be football always.

Is the North American version compatible with the European version? as far as modded files and such go?

As a new player is there a comprehensive be all end all guide or website i should check out?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

At a complete guess I'd say that if the graphics that come with the game work, then yes it should be fairly straight forward to add new player pics, kits, logos and skins to the game. Also look out for some good data updates that will start appearing soon.

There are some very good graphics sites out there most notably www.fmglive.com and www.sortitoutsi.net if you register with both sites (which is free) you can access the forums over there are download even more content to the game.

Also have a look in both the Editors Hideaway forum and the Skinning Hideout, both on the main first page of the forums.

Enjoy!

Welcome to the forums. As far as I'm aware, there are no differences between WWSM and FM other than the name and the Americanized text. The links in the post above are both good for what you were asking for.

If you have the time,I'd also recommend reading this thread. The tips and advice in there have changed my Mansfield Town site from being underachievers of the year in my first season to topping the table comfortably in the second.

Hey, mate, welcome to the Beautiful Game.

You'll find your questions about the differences between FM and WWSM addressed in this thread: Worldwide Soccer Manager Differences?

As an American getting started with your first FM, you'll probably also find these threads useful:

1. Marc Vaughan's Hints and Tips (Can't beat tips straight from the designers!)

2. More newbie questions - (Questions from and answered by other North American FM fans)

3. Tactic Building for Dummies (No insult intended, its a good place to start for anyone new to the series.)

4. Communication and Psychological Warfare (The game is becoming ever more psychologically based, and there are great tips here for keeping your players motivated.)

Hey, mate, welcome to the Beautiful Game.

You'll find your questions about the differences between FM and WWSM addressed in this thread: Worldwide Soccer Manager Differences?

As an American getting started with your first FM, you'll probably also find these threads useful:

1. Marc Vaughan's Hints and Tips (Can't beat tips straight from the designers!)

2. More newbie questions - (Questions from and answered by other North American FM fans)

3. Tactic Building for Dummies (No insult intended, its a good place to start for anyone new to the series.)

4. Communication and Psychological Warfare (The game is becoming ever more psychologically based, and there are great tips here for keeping your players motivated.)

Thanks Amaroq! great links.

I was a little worried that both A) being on a MAC and B) being in the states and having to use WWSM would hurt my chances of getting quality mods. looks like most of the mods are compatible.

You're welcome!

The mods I've wanted have all worked for me - I'm very impressed with SI for making it so easily compatible.

Every now and then you'll find a mod with a too-clever installer which assumes a directory name or something, but you can always work around those by moving the resulting files.

P.S., if you play MLS, and you haven't spotted Alijarov's update for U.S. / MLS journalists and USL facepack, you'll want to pick those up. ;)

Archived