Needing Help

Guys, got the game tonight but seems to be doing the same as the demo on my computer. When I double click on the FM09 Icon the screen freezes and I cannot move my mouse. After around 10 seconds my computer reboots! I patched the game to see if that made a difference but no luck.

Is my computer just not good enough or am I doing something wrong?

My Graphics card is SiS Mirage 3 Graphics

System Spec:

Intel Pentium DUAL CPU

E2140 @ 1.60 GHZ

1.60 GHZ 896 MB Ram

Running XP Proffesional with Service Pack 2.

Any help appreciated lads and lasses as desperate to play the game, had a look around threads for help but cant find anything.

Cheers

Guys, got the game tonight but seems to be doing the same as the demo on my computer. When I double click on the FM09 Icon the screen freezes and I cannot move my mouse. After around 10 seconds my computer reboots! I patched the game to see if that made a difference but no luck.

Is my computer just not good enough or am I doing something wrong?

My Graphics card is SiS Mirage 3 Graphics

System Spec:

Intel Pentium DUAL CPU

E2140 @ 1.60 GHZ

1.60 GHZ 896 MB Ram

Running XP Proffesional with Service Pack 2.

Any help appreciated lads and lasses as desperate to play the game, had a look around threads for help but cant find anything.

Cheers

i would try windows update first then search for new drivers for your hardware

Thanks Anthony and bigguyinthesky, updating to service pack 3 on xp and downlaoding newest version of direct x, also checking my drivers. If it doesnt work then back to the shop it goes.

Gutted really wanted to play the game as have had every copy since 92/93 on the Amiga and I aint going to get this one (Violins playing in bacground :) ) Nobody suggest a new computer either, baby due next month!

Archived