Ok im sorry but another activation question

If you install the game on 5 different computers, does that mean that the disk is not needed for start-up ??

sorry if that is a stupid question, its more because a mate asked me at school today and i wanted to make sure i was correct in saying you don't need the disk for start-up.

If you install the game on 5 different computers, does that mean that the disk is not needed for start-up ??

sorry if that is a stupid question, its more because a mate asked me at school today and i wanted to make sure i was correct in saying you don't need the disk for start-up.

Yes, that means you do not need the DVD for each computer.

Does that not mean you could give your mates a free copy of FM o.O

If you share your account with them, yes. The 5 install limit is meant to allow enough room to allow people who own 2 computers, or maybe a set of brothers, to install the game without allowing them to spread the key around the net to let thousands of people use it.

Did you know that in one fantastic move, in 1997 this game was released in such a way that you could install it on as many PCs as you like without ever 'activating' it, except when patching? This meant that friends could share the game. As a result myself and my friends have since then individually been buying the game for over a decade. In fact, I still have my copy of CM 97/98, and fire it up every few weeks as it is still fun and these days, extremely fast.

Archived