An open letter to Murray @ SEGA

Murray,

just wanted to express easily visible to everyone (hoping for other SI/SEGA officials reading along) that how you handled the growing frustrations with NA customers due to lack of communication or misleading information on behalf SI/SEGA regarding WWSM's launch on steam, was terrific.

You stood up when needed most and clarified things. No, you couldn't release WWSM earlier for us, but you took out the anxiety about today's launch on steam by simply communicating in a most professional manner.

This made everyone involved feeling a lot better about SEGA, WWSM and steam at a stage when ignoring WWSM and opt for an overseas order of FM for future releases seemed the less painful alternative and the ultimate route to go.

I am sure you are trying to communicate within SEGA/SI to avoid repition of this situation next year and I would like to suggest the following:

1. make amazon shipping on time for people to receive their copy on release day. Doesn't make sense to pre-order it right now!

2. use the official MLS license to shelve copies of the game on launch day in franchise stores. People could pick up their copy rather than waiting for the mail or download and new people really interested in soccer would get to know the beautiful world of managing. Many don't know that the game is out there.

Thanks and take care

A big :thup: for Muz.

I know he recieved a lot of flack as well, I think I may have been one of those, I can't honestly remember, but it shows that he had the cojones to come on here and face it all.

Well done Muz.

And to another one from SEGA think her name was Sarah, she was bombarded with questions with regards the phone lines going down.

The only thing I would say for next year, is keep fans well informed when things such as DRM, Uniloc and IGA are added, this way nobody can come on here with the excuse of "Why weren't we informed.".

Archived