Would you sell...

Diarra for £25 million...AC Milan have already bid it once and just got rumour popped up saying they are prepared to bid...The thing is I finished 5th in my last season with him as the highest average rating in the whole league out of all the teams, I'm hoping I can mount a title challenge now so should I sell or stick? Any great calibre DMC who would move to Pompey?

• SI Staff
Diarra for £25 million...AC Milan have already bid it once and just got rumour popped up saying they are prepared to bid...The thing is I finished 5th in my last season with him as the highest average rating in the whole league out of all the teams, I'm hoping I can mount a title challenge now so should I sell or stick? Any great calibre DMC who would move to Pompey?

The thing you should ask yourself is can you replace him with a better player for that money (probably not) and also bear in mind the risk that the replacement won't settle into the side ....

Getting high bids for your players is always stressful, if you turn them down there's the risk the player will get upset, if you accept them you need to find a replacement asap.

Yeah I'm racing through the database trying to find someone better and its hard to find one! His contract runs till 2013 (in 2010/11 season) and so far this season he is still putting in the performances despite being unhappy. Perhaps I can get another season at least out of him...

The thing you should ask yourself is can you replace him with a better player for that money (probably not) and also bear in mind the risk that the replacement won't settle into the side ....

Getting high bids for your players is always stressful, if you turn them down there's the risk the player will get upset, if you accept them you need to find a replacement asap.

When I get a bid for a player and i think its too low I always ask more, mostly the bidding club is withdrawing their bid so the player stays happy! I never turn down, always ask more.

Just got a bid from Man City for Huntelaar. They bid 49 million euro, I asked 55, they withdraw. (I'm never going to sell Huntelaar as he is the absolute best!

I did it.. Barcelona bought him for 30 mill. Replaced him by Jack Rodwell, who was much better. I get a lot of big bids btw. Sold these:

Huntelaar after 1 year to Real Madrid for 46 mill, got him on a free.

Piet Velthuizen (Vitesse(Holland) goalie) for 29 mill to Liverpool, bought him for 4 mill

Kameni, got him on a free and he was my 1st goalkeeper after Velthuizen left. Sold him for 36 mill.

This is how i managed to get the transferwindow unlockable in 2 seasons.

(I got Ustari when Kameni left but got sacked before i could sell him.

I did it.. Barcelona bought him for 30 mill. Replaced him by Jack Rodwell, who was much better. I get a lot of big bids btw. Sold these:

Huntelaar after 1 year to Real Madrid for 46 mill, got him on a free.

Piet Velthuizen (Vitesse(Holland) goalie) for 29 mill to Liverpool, bought him for 4 mill

Kameni, got him on a free and he was my 1st goalkeeper after Velthuizen left. Sold him for 36 mill.

This is how i managed to get the transferwindow unlockable in 2 seasons.

(I got Ustari when Kameni left but got sacked before i could sell him.

As Portsmouth is all of this? I was beginning to think I had made the wrong decision as he started to put in dodgy performances, but he is now putting them back in, so can't see myself selling them...

Definitely sell for £25m! Can replace him with Palombo from Sampdoria or Veloso from Sporting Lisbon for less. :thup:

Archived