Relay the pitch

When the pitch condition is poor or lower you can request to relay it. The board may not always accept, it depends on your circumstances. It will make the pitch excellent, which will improve the playing surface dramatically. To find out what condition your pitch is in go to your club information page and then from [View] select 'Stadium/Facilities'.

Can't say i have noticed this but what a great addition that is.

Yeppp I agree. Ive seen a few people saying they have seen quite a few new little features and I really cant wait to get this game.

Pitty I have to wait 4 weeks until my birthday...:(

Ohhh...and touch wood it works fine on my laptop :D

I had a terrible pitch after the first season and forgot to have it relayed before the new season. So a couple of games into the new season I asked to have it relayed. The board agreed and would relay the pitch at the end of the season... so I have to play on that poor pitch the whole season. :(

Seems strange to me that they can't relay the pitch in one of the long periods with no home games or during the winter break. Maybe this could be adjusted so that sometimes the board should relay the pitch on their own and not only when I ask them to.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a terrible pitch after the first season and forgot to have it relayed before the new season. So a couple of games into the new season I asked to have it relayed. The board agreed and would relay the pitch at the end of the season... so I have to play on that poor pitch the whole season. :(

I've just had exactly the same thing happen to me.

Checked an old save right after last season. Pitch was poor (had been for a while). Board thinks it doesn't require relaying.

As soon as preaseason starts it's straight to very poor.

In early October it's already terrible.

I've got to play 15 league games more there. I'm in the EUFA Cup league, and both cups still. I probably have to play 25+ games more on a TERRIBLE Pitch.

That cannot be right for a Premiership side, in Europe, with secure Finances.

The board need to consider

How bad the pitch WILL GET during the next season

before they go turning down requests.

Gonna post this in the bugs forum.

I've just had exactly the same thing happen to me.

Checked an old save right after last season. Pitch was poor (had been for a while). Board thinks it doesn't require relaying.

As soon as preaseason starts it's straight to very poor.

In early October it's already terrible.

I've got to play 15 league games more there. I'm in the EUFA Cup league, and both cups still. I probably have to play 25+ games more on a TERRIBLE Pitch.

That cannot be right for a Premiership side, in Europe, with secure Finances.

The board need to consider

How bad the pitch WILL GET during the next season

before they go turning down requests.

Gonna post this in the bugs forum.

Have you tried asking the board to relay the pitch when it was very poor or terrible?

i dont want to relay my pitch, id rather watch ppl fall down a big ditch just as they are about to apply the finish and score agasint me :)

Wise tactic for lower-league teams vs. better teams... hmmm.... :p

-------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, I´ve yet to "need" that feature... but obviously if there´s no money... there´s no money. In cases that there is money and they refuse, well.. it is THEIR money, but obviously it´s upsetting..... Can you give them an ultimatum? :rolleyes:

Why dont the board automatically relay the pitch at the end of the season?

Would be nice. Gotta admit, the pitch only turning to very poor at the start of a season, and then having to go through the majority of the season with it on terrible ain't too great.

Where is the 'club information' page where you can see the pitch status? Looked everywhere (well obviously everywhere apart from where it is) but I can't find it.

you can't be serious can you ? Top Middlkes Heading where it says MANAGER it will say your clubs name under it, click that. then on the left side menu click Information

there you go

what i'd really like to know is how much affect does the pitch actually have. I'm Fulham and 29 games into the 2nd season, pitch was poor or very poor (cant remember but it made me request a relay straight away), obviously they accepted but cannot do it until the end of the season. Does the pitch affect the way i should play, i.e. being that my pitch is poor should i start playing longer balls instead of trying to play football on it

Have you tried asking the board to relay the pitch when it was very poor or terrible?

Skorp it was very poor just after season started, which is possibly too late to do anything about it. I asked them then, even then they said "no, stop asking".

They finally agreed when it was terrible, in October. They said they'll do it when the season ends. So I've got to play almost a full season on a degrading Terrible pitch.

FEI I've posted this in the Bugs Forum and it's "an issue under review".

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I just got pitch relayed and there are now white stripes on the field, seems like a graphical bug for me. Or is this once again another bug for ATI users like in billions of other games?

There are like four stripes on the field, the game runs okay. Not a game killer bug but...bug. :)

what i'd really like to know is how much affect does the pitch actually have. I'm Fulham and 29 games into the 2nd season, pitch was poor or very poor (cant remember but it made me request a relay straight away), obviously they accepted but cannot do it until the end of the season. Does the pitch affect the way i should play, i.e. being that my pitch is poor should i start playing longer balls instead of trying to play football on it

Why do you have to wait until the end of the season? I believe Wigan are relaying their pitch in real life soon so shouldn't this be an option in the game?

Archived