"Ask Ass Man to filter our unrealistic target" question

Hi,

When I tick "Ask Ass Man to filter our unrealistic target" in the search, what does the ass man base this on? The teams reputation and player reputation? How does it work? Also would different assman/different attributes influence the players filtered out?

Thanks in advance.

I think it is based on reputation (both club and player) and also the likelyhood of the player accepting the contract offer. At the top of the page it says what the players requests are and if it says "Johnny Depp has no interest in joining Hannah Montana FC" he will exlude him from the search.

That is what I think but someone will probably correct me in a moment

Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying. I thought as much. So to ask a similar question, a player's likelyhood to accept an offer is based on reputation? If not the only factor, what else would factor in?

Thanks again.

The amount of money you offer them:P

Once or twice I've managed to get a big player to join my club despite them having no intention of joining because of the sheer size of the contract offer.

I'd love to get an answer from SI on this one.

My suspicion is that the assistant only filters those who are 100% interested, while those only mildly interested are not shown. For example, I was managing Middlesbrough a couple of season in and playing in the CL, while Man United were not qualified for Europe. My assistant did not filter out Ronaldo as a player who would be interested, but I put in a bid anyway and was able to sign him without twisting his arm. He probably signed because I was able to offer CL and United couldn't - at least that's the only reason I can think of since his profile did not show him being unhappy, and his club still had a higher rep than mine.

So in essence I was able to sign one of the very best players on the game, without my assistant telling me of this possibility. Very annoying.

I think it is based on reputation (both club and player) and also the likelyhood of the player accepting the contract offer. At the top of the page it says what the players requests are and if it says "Johnny Depp has no interest in joining Hannah Montana FC" he will exlude him from the search.

That is what I think but someone will probably correct me in a moment

In my experience you are correct. However, like scouts, ass mans are not always right! Especially with free transfers and unhappy players on the transfer list.

Even if a big player says initially, "Not interested in joining [your club]" I'll make as big an offer as I can afford with "indispensible" status and a bunch of get-out clauses (eg, £0 relegation, min release fee).

Ass Man filter is advice rather than a cast-iron guarantee. Just like in real life no staff are perfect.

I have edited Portsmouth's attraction as a city in the editor but left the clubs reputation the same but since doing this a lot more players are willing to come now than they were before.

So i would say attraction is a major part to play in transfers.

• SI Staff

Is is based upon the players interest in joining your club.

The calculation for this uses numerous factors including club reputation, the league the club is in, the managers reputation etc etc etc, in fact far too many to mention.

The financial demands of the player and the selling club are not taken into account.

Can't speak for this year's version yet...waiting to get it tonight in US. In last year's version I found I did much better bringing in high-quality players/staff without using the Assistant Manager filter during player and staff searches - most of my best players were recruited off the list without the filter. They may not show initial interest when a contract is offered, and the majority of my targets will deny me, but if a few accept or start negotiating I get a top notch player that I wouldn't have found using the filter. Note - I'm usually starting off in the Conference South or North with a low profile manager, so it is likely even more pronounced down at the bottom.

Archived