Is it worth it to start a game?

I've been playing FM and CM religiously for 9 years. This is the first year ever I've not been impressed by the demo, and not totally excited by the release. But I did get the game anyway.

I like playing long term games (10 seasons plus) involving multiple countries and am not one to play a season or two and want to start over. So if I start a new game, I want to have confidence that it's something I'll be happy investing some effort in. And I don't have a lot of extra time to play games so I don't want to throw a bunch of time away on something that's going to be frustrating.

My question to this community is, is it worth it to start a new game now, with the patch? Or am I better off waiting a few weeks until more patches come out before investing effort and emotion in a new game?

Yes or no answers will suffice though of course further editorial comments welcome too. Thank you.

similar situation as you. been playing for longer than i care to remember. long term games. multiple leagues. not much free time.

yes, playing with wigan (as usual) and enjoying it. not using the 3d match engine though - don't like it (i know it's early days, needed, and will improve, so i'm not having a go). and on my computer with same number of leagues as when i played fm08 it seems slower.

a few bugs tbh, but it's good :)

Archived