What budget should the promoted sides get at the start of the season?

It has been reported that promoted sides will get 68 million pounds.

When editing the database for the 08/09 season I was wondering wether this money should be given to all sides in the premier league in the editor?

I ask this question because I'm not sure whether the game allocates the TV revenue within the game itself.

Sorry to bump my own post here but I'd like to know how SI allocate transfer budgets in the database?

I'm really anal (hehe) about having a realistic game so I'd just like to know how much money to give to the promoted sides?

I'm a stoke fan and want to live the premiership dream icon_smile.gif

The money each team has will be decided by the eseacrhers, and will be based around the generousity of the chairman and the amount of money they have already spent. Some chairman are tighter then others. Sunderland for example spent in order to stay up. Derby on the other hand, never looked like trying to stay up. Also, the TV money isn't payed in one lump sum, but through the season, so there won't be quite as much money splashed about as the media would make it sound as though it could be.

My Triestina board gave me a whopping 3 million pounds to stay up in Serie A once. Seemed like a fun challenge until I realised I had enough problems recruiting Serie B players, let alone Serie A.

But I agree with the above poster - and I think you're largely capped by your balance. For example, if you set a slightly higher aim, you get more money which could technically put you in the red, with the view that you will get the money back anyway.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'm using the Weegie update at the moment and Stoke have been given £6 million to spend on transfers.

I have tried my best but stoke's squad is just too poor! That's even after I've tweaked a few stats to take into account Stoke's performance this season.

I'll probably give all the promoted the sides the same resources to give them a fighting chance (including myself!)

Irl Sjoke would only get around 6 to 10 mil.

The 68 mil isn't paid all in one lump sum and most of it goes in the clubs koffers so as when/if they go down they can still afford to pay premiership wages.

You only get the full 68 million if the team is relegated.

The 68 mil covers wages and parachute payments.

Hope that helps and good luck for next season(You're already guaranteed 6 points off us anyway!)

Originally posted by The Mowbray way:

The 68 mil isn't paid all in one lump sum and most of it goes in the clubs koffers so as when/if they go down they can still afford to pay premiership wages.

Hope that helps and good luck for next season(You're already guaranteed 6 points off us anyway!)

The guy from rio de smethwick is right (about the 6 points as well) the money for promotion is mostly TV rights, extra merchandise & ticket sales included in those figures.

If you're playing as stoke (and an actual stoke fan) Pulis said 15 million was the least he was looking to get and you have to bet he could get that from teh chairman.

Stoke will already get a few points head start from west Brazil, although it'll be funny seeing west brazil cope with adebayor, drogba & co when players like sidibe caused a host of problems for their defenders icon_biggrin.gif

Another factor is nowadays, our chairman is knocking on and is just looking to put as much money as he reasonably can into stoke to leave a legacy behind him it seems, hes not a rich bloke after a play-thing but a genuine fan so there should be more money than expected.

Can't wait to West Brom get beaten next season icon_biggrin.gif Sorry Baggies fans icon_frown.gif

I think that 68m is too much, I think that getting to the Premiership is worth about 25-28m in TV Rights and then obviously extra merchandise, ST's, match tickets etc.

As a Hull fan I obviously have a vested interest in this topic too, but I believe that Hull have allocated roughly £15 million for initial transfers, which sounds about right.

It seems that the wait for the start of the new season is even harder than ever this season (and it's only just begun)

Originally posted by santy001:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Mowbray way:

The guy from rio de smethwick is right (about the 6 points as well) the money for promotion is mostly TV rights, extra merchandise & ticket sales included in those figures.

If you're playing as stoke (and an actual stoke fan) Pulis said 15 million was the least he was looking to get and you have to bet he could get that from teh chairman.

Stoke will already get a few points head start from west Brazil, although it'll be funny seeing west brazil cope with adebayor, drogba & co when players like sidibe caused a host of problems for their defenders icon_biggrin.gif

Another factor is nowadays, our chairman is knocking on and is just looking to put as much money as he reasonably can into stoke to leave a legacy behind him it seems, hes not a rich bloke after a play-thing but a genuine fan so there should be more money than expected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about Stokes chairmen but ours is a tight fisted git but he has faith in Mowbray so we should get around 15 million as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing if hoofball actually works in the prem.

Tbf, our defence was shocking last season but mainly due to our keeper not being able to deal with high balls in the box which is why you always fair so well against us.

Neji, what team do you support mate?

Because i wouldn't underestimate either Sjoke or us as i believe both could have very good season with the right signings.

As for hull, well i can't stand there manager and his touchline antics so i hope they set a record low icon_wink.gif

Neji, what team do you support mate?

Because i wouldn't underestimate either Sjoke or us as i believe both could have very good season with the right signings.

Im not, I think your lot will survive and Stoke will flirt with safety but just fail. Depends what happens in the summer.

Im a Sheffield Wednesday fan icon_wink.gif A jealous one icon14.gif

I took a dislike to West Brom after watching them against us. Mowbray seems a top guy though.

Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Neji, what team do you support mate?

Im not, I think your lot will survive and Stoke will flirt with safety but just fail. Depends what happens in the summer.

Im a Sheffield Wednesday fan icon_wink.gif A jealous one icon14.gif

I took a dislike to West Brom after watching them against us. Mowbray seems a top guy though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offence meant by the underestimate comment mate.

I've always had a liking for the owls, not sure why but always thought they were a good bunch.

Then when we were robbed at our place by an awful referee then karma helped us get the 3 points against you i can see why you dislike us lol.

Mowbray is a top bloke, i've had the pleasure of meeting him and the bloke truly loves football.

Best of luck next season to you.

Just a shame mowbray is a bit delusional lol, listen to some of his interviews on sky sports etc and you'd think the 1970 Brazil team wouldn't hold a candle to west brom.

To say stoke play just hoofball is a bit naive, seems like people forget the moments where in the championship fuller left 4 wolves defenders on the floor and slotted it past the keeper, I think the west brom version was something like he hoofed it over the 4 defenders, knifed each one on the way past so they couldnt score, broke the keepers legs and then the hoof at the end made it into the net icon_wink.gif

Unless west brazil make some serious defence signings, adebayor & other big strikers will have a field day as I said above.

As for our chairman, he's an old man with millions (he owns bet365) and in his late 70's he's just willing to throw money in at it - I doubt this will be reflected on the game next year as our manager doesnt like to spend lol.

Archived