Apparently I'm leaving a gap between my Defence and Midfield ...

Sounds to me as though your metality on the DM is too defensive, it needs to be somewhere between that of your DC and MC.

i.e. DC - 8 MC - 14 then your DM needs to have a mentality of about 11. Otherwise he will be sitting back alongside the DCs if too low or be playing up alongside the MC if any higher. Also if your defensive line is very deep that could be causing it too.

I've tried pushing my defensive line up, but there is only so far you want to push up with Ricardo Rocha and Darren Purse at the back!

My holding mid player has a really defensive mentality (the others are bombing forward mind ... maybe if I have another man in the middle who isn't bombing forward that might help!)

I've tried pushing my defensive line up, but there is only so far you want to push up with Ricardo Rocha and Darren Purse at the back!

My holding mid player has a really defensive mentality (the others are bombing forward mind ... maybe if I have another man in the middle who isn't bombing forward that might help!)

That's certainly a good idea Nico but as I said if you have your DM mentality too defensive then he will sit back alongside your defenders and still leave a big gap between himself and the rest of your midfield.

That's certainly a good idea Nico but as I said if you have your DM mentality too defensive then he will sit back alongside your defenders and still leave a big gap between himself and the rest of your midfield.

Good point Sparky, he does seem to be having a chat with my center backs whenever I'm attacking.

Archived