Demo Tactic 4-4-2 - Does it Work With the Boxed Game?

http://hosted.filefront.com/gazhammer/

This is a simple 4-4-2 that is basically the standard default tactic with minor tweaks.

It is the ONLY tactic i have gotten ANY consistency so far and as i have yet to purchase the game, i was hoping one or two of you would give it a fair go and let me know how you get on?

My results so far in the Demo are as follows

West Ham - Played 12, Won 7 Drew 5

Liverpool - Played 16, Won 12 Drew 2 Lost 2 (both losses were with second string squad one after CL qualification, the other in C Cup)

Man City - So far, Played 14, Won 9 Drew 3 Lost 2 (5-1-0 in EPL, Lost in C Cup and 2nd leg of UEFA qualifier but still qualified)

Do not download it thinking that it is going to get your team 20+ chances per game, i have had plenty of games where i DO murder the opposition, but some games can be frustratingly tight, with few chances, but even with West Ham i usually had the edge.

The only tweak i make is to give the fullback more forward runs for Home games, or if trying to get a late winner away.

As i'm only playing the Demo, i have basically been testing rather than playing it as if it was a career game, so as such, i have my Ass Man doing team talks and press conferences and i have also yet to set up the set piece instructions, which i hope could make the tactic even stronger?

If you DO give it a go, please let me know how you got on? (and try not to be tempted to tweak it if you get a little frustrated at times)

Ok I decided to give it a go with my Newcastle side, we were hovering around 10th.

H Blackburn 0-2

A Tottenham 2-3

H Aston Villa 2-1

A Fulham 2-0

H Man City 2-2

H Liverpool 5-3

A West Ham 1-1

A Bolton 1-0

A Portsmouth 3-1

H Hull 0-0

A Arsenal 1-2

H West Brom 3-1

A Chelsea 1-2

Played 13 W 6 D 3 L 4

But 2 of the losses were acceptable (Arsenal, Chelsea)

So far it shows promise.

Cheers fella's!

Let me know if you are continuing using the tactic and how your getting on?

Here is the EPL table at the end of the Demo with Man City

fm09defaultmancityyr4.jpg

w640.png

Not as many goals as i would have liked and conceded more than i'd have liked too, but if nothing else, it WAS consistent performance wise. (are any of you fella's finding it consistent?)

I did find this a bit of a coincidence though, especially as there is such a massive gap between the quality of the players?

fm09defaultwesthamhw2.jpg

w640.png

Almost identical stats, even goals scored and conceded are almost the same?

Best 11 Man City

Franco

Srna

Marcelo

Dunne

Richards

SWP

Zhirkov

Diarra

Palombo

Huntelaar

Robinho

Best 11 West Ham

Green

Faubert

Ilunga

Caceres

Upson

Hehrami

Boa Morte

Mullins

Parker

Ashton

Cole

Those stats were great for West Ham, but poor for Man City, overall it looks like it needs work in an attacking sense to score a few more goals and also at the back to concede less?

Archived