Very little impact with ball

has anyone else had the same problem................

im spurs and have my team mentality set to attacking and mixed passing with either quick or normal tempo. but only now and again do my teams have shots at goal frequently. i mean im playing wigan at home iv had 65% of possesion, but i can only muster 5 or 6 shots at goal but they have managed between 10-12. its almost everygame and it doesnt matter what tactics i use and beleive me im being really stringent with my tactics and have tried EVERYTHING.

is this a bug or can someone help me?

thanks......

It just depends. If you set all your players to long shots rarely and you can't get crosses in you won't get many shots, especially if you are favourite and have possession in the final third as breaking down a massed defense with cute passing is not what it was on 08. I'm not talking about through balls from slightly deeper positions but dinky little ones for diagonal running strikers in and around the box when the opposition has a mass of bodies ball-side.

Whether or not this is a good thing I haven't made my mind up. Whether or not this is a tactics issue or they have been toned down in comparison to 08 again I'm not sure (not enough lateral movement from strikers to show? poorly weighted passes when they are made causing the striker to 'slow down'? defenders far better at reacting to these passes? defenders less likely to break the line to close down?). It's a tough one to get the balance right as if I'm honest it was a little too easy in 08.

Archived