This game is the worst and most shocking version of FM to date

Where do I begin?

Have been playing a LAN game with my flatmate on an 8mb connection, depressingly long loading screens. We constantly played FM08 LAN games without a single problem.

The bugs are beyond a joke.. Half way through a game players will randomly change positions with out our control. The typing issue I know everyone is having. The main problem is injuries. How can a virus leave a player out for 3 months? Or a sprained wrist for 5? A Gashed leg for a month? Pathetic.

The patch only makes things worse. How is it that SI can charge money for this game? We'd all be better off hooking up our psone's and playing LMA manager 98. I will not be buying another SI product and the entire team that produced this game should really go back to the drawing board because you ****ed up good and proper you bunch of incompetent cretins.

Nice one.

I can't comment on LAN games because I don't play them. As for the rest of it, it is about a million miles from my experience of FM09. I've been thoroughly enjoying it. And although I've had a few injuries here and there, it's not been unrealistic and I've since gone one and half in-game months without any kind of injury.

Perhaps it's just me (and craigy), but I don't agree. Although I am not playing online, the game is fine. Injuries are a bit annoying (the patch should help), the stuff about SI is gonna get this post closed.

Sympathise with your problems, but the rant is not gonna help you

I have been playing fm for a while, I know what to expect. The game was running better before the patch for some reason? The patch has literally only made things worse. I just think it's shocking, my flatmate and I are both running brand new hi-res media laptops so I know it has nothing to do with the computer performance since I can run games like counterstrike and far cry 2 online in the highest graphic setting without a single lag.

I was excited to play this game but now I realise I should have stuck to FM08. SI were supposed to move forward with this but I really don't think they have at all.

Where do I begin?

Have been playing a LAN game with my flatmate on an 8mb connection, depressingly long loading screens. We constantly played FM08 LAN games without a single problem.

The bugs are beyond a joke.. Half way through a game players will randomly change positions with out our control. The typing issue I know everyone is having. The main problem is injuries. How can a virus leave a player out for 3 months? Or a sprained wrist for 5? A Gashed leg for a month? Pathetic.

The patch only makes things worse. How is it that SI can charge money for this game? We'd all be better off hooking up our psone's and playing LMA manager 98. I will not be buying another SI product and the entire team that produced this game should really go back to the drawing board because you ****ed up good and proper you bunch of incompetent cretins.

Nice one.

Slow? Not on my computers.

Bugs? Haven't noticed anything critical

Injuries? Nothing out of the ordinary?

Virus? Ever heard of glandular fever?

Pathetic? Only your post I'm afraid.

Having not played the full game, I'm not really in a position to pass judgement on how good the game is, however the general concesus generally is that the game is very good from what people have said about it.

Perhaps you were expecting too much, or maybe the horrendous authentication method has deflated your enjoyment of the game.

Did you read my post above? It is slow on a £2000 gaming laptop and an 8mb connection which granted we probably only get 7-7.5mb out of but that is still a fast connection especially via LAN.

So you agree that a gashed leg should leave players out for a month? A sprained wrist for 2 months? Get real. If we're talking realism, Eduardo is almost back for Arsenal after snapping his leg yet on this game players will be out for months recovering from lifting heavy weights in the gym.

I'm honestly glad not everyone is having these problems but I am and I know other people are too. An establishment like SI and Sega should really be getting this right for EVERYONE. I did not post a thread for you Chelsea fans to get defensive and protect SI. Accept that this is what is happening for me and other people I know of, we couldn't give a **** if its working brilliantly for you.

First game was played over the internet while my flatmate was away but that was unbareably slow and since we have played LAN which is also very slow so we tried a new LAN game on FM08 to see if it was a problem with us but FM08 ran perfectly as it always has done.

I did not post a thread for you Chelsea fans to get defensive and protect SI. Accept that this is what is happening for me and other people I know of, we couldn't give a **** if its working brilliantly for you.

What's that all about? If you tried posting in a polite constructive manner then you may find more people willing to take you seriously.

We don't want abuse and swearing on these forums.

What's that all about? If you tried posting in a polite constructive manner then you may find more people willing to take you seriously.

We don't want abuse and swearing on these forums.

I dont react well to being ripped off clearly. I didn't post here to make friends so spare me the comments. This is purely a rant on mine and my friends dissatisfaction. I don't want to be diplomatic because this has made me too angry. Maybe I did expect too much but that is judging by past versions because they have always stepped up. Dissapointments hard to take when only SI can fix these problems.

I dont react well to being ripped off clearly. I didn't post here to make friends so spare me the comments. This is purely a rant on mine and my friends dissatisfaction. I don't want to be diplomatic because this has made me too angry. Maybe I did expect too much but that is judging by past versions because they have always stepped up. Dissapointments hard to take when only SI can fix these problems.

And what is the point in ranting? Do you think that is going to help SI fix your problem :rolleyes:

The only thing that I would agree with you about is the injuries - I have never in my life heard of anyone getting a gashed leg and being out for a month, yet this is a common occurrence on FM09.

Torn Calf muscle - 5 months? Should be 3.

Twisted knee - 1 month? 2-3 weeks max.

Twisted ankle - same

I've seen players get a sprained wrist and be out for a month too, it shouldn't happen.

The only other gripe i currently have with the game are the goalkeepers. They do some seriously weird things, and they get far too many assists, which is partly related to central defenders having absolutely no intelligence, regardless of stats, and often getting out of position, allowing strikers a clean run on goal. However, its also partly to do with goalkeepers being able to pick out a striker's little toe from 80 yards away.

• Administrators

Some of your points really don't make sense mind, a virus could well kill a person, let along leave the out for 3 months (in real life, death doesn't occur in FM!), and of course a gashed leg can put you out for a month! Why does everyone assume a gashed leg is like a grazed leg?

Do a quick search and you'll see for yourself - http://www.footy-boots.com/dangerous-football-boot-blades-5227/

And to abuse people and call them cretins - just lost for words to be honest.

You are making an assumption that the fault is SI's and not your own. The game even works fine for us Plymouth Argyle fans, not just Chelski ones.

How is this my fault? Did I make the game and design all the features? I am only to blame for wasting money that could have been spent on bills.

I've been playing a network game with 2 of my flat mates and we've had no problems at all. Runs faster than FM08. I also know 2 people from my football team are playing over the internet and theyve said it runs fine too...

What exactly is slow, loading player profiles, setting up 3d matches?

I've been playing a network game with 2 of my flat mates and we've had no problems at all. Runs faster than FM08. I also know 2 people from my football team are playing over the internet and theyve said it runs fine too...

What exactly is slow, loading player profiles, setting up 3d matches?

I think this indicates that there may be something wrong on your end Sloman. I'd follow Glyn's advice further up the page and see if SI can identify your problem.

How is this my fault? Did I make the game and design all the features? I am only to blame for wasting money that could have been spent on bills.

If the slow LAN game is a fault that only you and your friend are experiencing, then it isn't too great a leap of logic to assume that the fault is not SI's but yours.

I'm sure every single one of you lads can appriciate the dissapointment I am experiencing, we've all been there with technology or games, whatever. I haven't gone about things in the right way but this is purely down to past versions being nothing but brilliant. I really don't mind the personal insults, go for it.. Unless it fixes my game I am not interested.

Wow, this thread is getting really stupid!

Why do people moan about a player being injured for too long, or a goalkeeper getting an assist? Guess what, last weekend IRL some players who never usually score managed to score, some defenders made some really stupid mistakes, and some awesome strikers missed really easy chances!

What shall we do, write to the Premier League and demand that they change it? Paul Scholes was out IRL for nearly a whole season with a random eye problem - get over it! There are too many injuries I agree, but some people just moan about isolated incidents as if SI can do anything about it

I think this indicates that there may be something wrong on your end Sloman. I'd follow Glyn's advice further up the page and see if SI can identify your problem.

That is what I first assumed but how is it that FM08 works perfectly, along with other LAN games such as Counterstrike? I will follow Glyn's advice as it is the only advice that will help.

Archived