stupid, stupid problem, I mean really stupid

Ok, well, I am kind of embarrassed about that but well, here it comes.....

As I am german and, in the moment, living in germany and a big fan of the football manager series, I needed to buy football manager 2009 in a foreign country ('cause it is not distributed in germany). Well, I did, and thats the problem. I, dump as I am, bought the game in France. And no, I do not speak any french, nor italien, nor portugese.

Well, I had hoped, that there would be an english language version included. Alas it isn't, so now what can I do?

I really would like to play the game, so can anyone please send me the english.ltc file ('cause that is the file missing, i guess) Or is there any way to download it?

Please help me with that, I'd really like to play the game.

avarchillion, who has learned german, english, swedish and ancient greek but no french :(

Sorry, can't help it ...: :D

Too bad, indeed. Usually you gets the language packs with a later patch.

If you don't want to wait that long (understandably), maybe someone who unlike me has been blessed by the game's arrival in the mailbox can e-mail the language data to him, if that does not violate the EULA (not sure).

Sorry, can't help it ...: :D

Too bad, indeed. Usually you gets the language packs with a later patch.

If you don't want to wait that long (understandably), maybe someone who unlike me has been blessed by the game's arrival in the mailbox can e-mail the language data to him, if that does not violate the EULA (not sure).

No prob, I find it funny too. Really I just had to laugh the moment I found out. :D It was so typical. :D

But now I had an idea. The fm09 demo is the full game, isn't it? But it is restricted to half a season. So well, there is a english.ltc included.

Now I just copied the english.ltc file from the demo to the full game football manager and well, seems to work so far.

avarchillion

No prob, I find it funny too. Really I just had to laugh the moment I found out. :D It was so typical. :D

But now I had an idea. The fm09 demo is the full game, isn't it? But it is restricted to half a season. So well, there is a english.ltc included.

Now I just copied the english.ltc file from the demo to the full game football manager and well, seems to work so far.

avarchillion

Even better idea than mine :) Should indeed work, though I think they have changed some bits in the patch. Maybe you should uninstall, then replace the language files and then patch it again to avoid problems. (though unsure if that is necessary).

Even better idea than mine :) Should indeed work, though I think they have changed some bits in the patch. Maybe you should uninstall, then replace the language files and then patch it again to avoid problems. (though unsure if that is necessary).

well, I haven't patched it till now. You now I'm a macuser and, as far as I know there is still no mac patch released. So this should not be a problem.

:)

avarchillion

I've sent you a personal message regarding this issue.

Thanks trekman. :)

I'll now start playing, even tough the data editor doesn't work and I like to include myself into the game. :)

But now, under my leadership, the FC Bayern will win the Champions League. :D

avarchillion

I've sent you a personal message regarding this issue.
Whats wrong with the editor? It works fine for me.

well my editor just doesn't open:

This is what I get when I try to open the Data Editor shellfile inside the Data Editor packadge:

Last login: Tue Nov 18 16:34:14 on ttyp1

/data\ editor/Data\ Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/Data\ Editor; exit

Welcome to Darwin!

tcsh: /sw/bin/init.csh: No such file or directory.

[lag:~] gabriel% /data\ editor/Data\ Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/Data\ Editor; exit

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib

Referenced from: /data editor/Data Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/Data Editor

Reason: Incompatible library version: Data Editor requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0

Trace/BPT trap

logout

hm, is that a leopard - tiger problem?

avarchillion

well my editor just doesn't open:

This is what I get when I try to open the Data Editor shellfile inside the Data Editor packadge:

Last login: Tue Nov 18 16:34:14 on ttyp1

/data\ editor/Data\ Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/Data\ Editor; exit

Welcome to Darwin!

tcsh: /sw/bin/init.csh: No such file or directory.

[lag:~] gabriel% /data\ editor/Data\ Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/Data\ Editor; exit

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib

Referenced from: /data editor/Data Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/Data Editor

Reason: Incompatible library version: Data Editor requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0

Trace/BPT trap

logout

hm, is that a leopard - tiger problem?

avarchillion

Sorry mate but I'm not a mac user so the only thing I can think of suggesting is that you wait for the mac patch to appear.

You could always use an EDT file to put yourself in as a regen...

Not quiter the same, I know.

avarchillion you can get more information about edt files in the editor hideaway.

Archived