When to resign?

First off just wanted to say that I'm getting into the game for the first time in a few version, even the 3D engine is growing on me despite a few problems.

Anyway I'm having a problem I've never had before and I was just curious what other people usually do in the same situation. Basically I'm doing carp, I tried my tried and trusted tactics at the start which failed miserably then gave a few different ideas a run of games and it seems nothing I do can make my team play well. I haven't won in fifteen league games, by far my worst ever CM/FM run, I'm using Hyde in the Conference North a division I usually get out of first or second season. This time, though, half way through the season I'm hovering above the relegation zone looking like falling into it. The board and fans are satisfied with my management only whinging about a loss to our local rivals despite the fact I was expected to secure a mid table position. I was just curious what other people do, wait until you lose the players, fans and board then resign, wait to get sacked or go when you feel you can't do any better even if the fans and board seem OK?

Archived