dissapointed with FM 09.... hoping for a better FM10

I know you would have had thousands upon thousands of complaints about the new Football manager, (me included :p) so this is a thread about improvements, instead of just slagging the whole of S.I! there was a few things i was let down by, firstly activating the game will definetely need to be improved for the next one... maybe just letting us play the game once we have the disc? the press conferences are a good addition, altho will get a bit tedious after a while... tweaking those would be good. one question i wanted to ask is why the graphics system needs a really update video card.... mine apperently isnt new enough (even though i got the comp 2 years ago so i cant have the 3d view of the game... could this not have been made using less advanced graphics system (for those of us who cant afford a new comp as the credit crunch looms :p) i havent played much yet as it runs unbeliveably slow so theres not much else i can put! any other ideas on improvements?

Dom :D

the press conferences are a good addition, altho will get a bit tedious after a while... tweaking those would be good.

How do you think real life managers find press conferences and having to answer the same lame questions over and over again irl.... amusing?

They dont pay to experience them though ;)

I think FM09 is pretty good, well, I didnt buy last years version anyway. I'm enjoying the game very much! Plenty of areas could be improved (as with any game) but I'll reserve listing those until I've given them some thought (i.e. at a time when I'm not busy playing FM).

For the press conferences, there's a couple of excellent media packs floating around that improve this immensely. I think the problem at the moment is the lack of real media personalities (I often get just "A journalist" at most of mine), but having actual names that attend adds so much to it.

The problem for me with the press conferences is that it's impossible to give nuanced responses. Obviously you'll always be limited by the fact that you have to pick from sets of responses, but the problem is that they are too definite, and still too few.

For the press conferences, there's a couple of excellent media packs floating around that improve this immensely. I think the problem at the moment is the lack of real media personalities (I often get just "A journalist" at most of mine), but having actual names that attend adds so much to it.

Whereabouts mate? Sounds interesting :)

Archived