Weirdest Transfers

Man City pay way too much for players and make some decent signings I admit, but this one.....shatters any confidence in the Man City's boss transfer dealings.

Glen Johnson (Portsmouth, who has VERY average stats, 6.91 rating in 20 games) for 14 million pound plus Elano.....

Pretty damn ordinary transfer deal for Man City, Portsmouth must be having a laugh I will get a screenshot if you dont believe it

What are some weird transfers you have seen ?

• 2 weeks later...

I just started a game with a mate of mine and he managed to sell Dirk "headless chicken" Kuyt for £20million and Xabi Alonso for £50 million!

To man City of course. The worst thing is that it meant they had no money to buy my crap players for ridiculous amounts of money!!

I bought Pato & Pirlo from AC Milan as manager of Tottenham at the start of the game..... strange, why would Pato & Pirlo want to leave to come to Spurs.

Who would have believed Robhino would have signed for Man City in real life

When clubs have big money to spend then can be held to ransom in transfer dealings and pay stupid money. How much did Spurs pay for Darren Bent Pavlenchenko in real life?

These things do happen..... :eek:

I bought Pato & Pirlo from AC Milan as manager of Tottenham at the start of the game..... strange, why would Pato & Pirlo want to leave to come to Spurs.
Had dos Santos offered to me for £5.6 mil. Two months ealrier I made an enquiry and they wanted £30 mil for him. Similar with Gareth Bale - £34 mil when enquired, offered to me a few months later for £6.5

Dos Santos - Pompey had him on trial irl but let him go :(

Man City pay way too much for players and make some decent signings I admit, but this one.....shatters any confidence in the Man City's boss transfer dealings.

Glen Johnson (Portsmouth, who has VERY average stats, 6.91 rating in 20 games) for 14 million pound plus Elano.....

Pretty damn ordinary transfer deal for Man City, Portsmouth must be having a laugh I will get a screenshot if you dont believe it

Well considering said average right back is keeping Citys own Micah Richards out of the England team he must be half decent

Talking about weird transfers ... Look what Mark Hughes did in Man City in the first season ... :eek:

mancitytransfersrq2.jpg

Part from Ramires and Lescott, the others had so much troubles blending into the squad that by the start of the second season, almost out of them were wanting go ... home ... or somewhere else :rolleyes:

Else, I've recieved a 50 million pounds (10 mil + 20 mil after 50 league appearances + 20 mil in monthly installments in the course of 24 months) for Ryan Nelsen from AC Milan :confused: That offer got declined however - couldn't sell my captain.

i got £55million offers from city for fletcher and carrick at the start of the game but city only brought carrick as they didn't want fletcher as well so i had to sell him to a mere £40million to tottenham. City also brought both Foster (£10million) and Kuszack (£15million) but they still play joe hart. Hughes shud b sacked 4 his rubbish transfers. Teams are so stupid sometimes!!

Start of season two:

Michael Own to Arsenal for £31,000,000 - yes Wenger is still in charge.

Start of season three:

Micah Richards to Arsenal for £30,000,000 - yes Wenger is still in charge.

I'm sure they said something about the transfer system being completely re-written - so why on earth did they re-write that stupid part of it back in?

AI managers have much too high buying players stats, it was tested elsewhere if the likes of mark hughes had his rating dropped from 14 to 8 then he only brought in players of a certain calibre and even then only for weak areas of his team, the managers buying players stat needs dropped across the board unless they are known to be **** poor in the transfer market.

Using Liverpool. Not the weirdest but Real Madrid allowed Higuain to come to me in the first season for just 7 mil pounds, I was trying my luck and viola I got it.... Jack Wilshere for 5 mil pounds, i tot Arsenal will never let him leave for Liverpool but I got him. I got Chris Gunter for 5 mil pounds too. and Behold, HUNTERLAAR was offered to me for just 12 mil pounds, but did not take it up cos I got Torres, Higuain and Pandev already. And yeah I got Pandev for just 12.5 mil pounds, tot that was cheap.

i got £55million offers from city for fletcher and carrick at the start of the game but city only brought carrick as they didn't want fletcher as well so i had to sell him to a mere £40million to tottenham. City also brought both Foster (£10million) and Kuszack (£15million) but they still play joe hart. Hughes shud b sacked 4 his rubbish transfers. Teams are so stupid sometimes!!

I should of read this post first :eek:

I am Napoil, signed Diego from Werder Bremen on a free transfer, sold him for 26 000 000£ to Inter next season, played like 10 matches for me, could not really use him, 1/3 of the season reamaiming, and he have not gained a single minute :-)

Making money on this game is far too easy. It's one of the down sides I see in this game. Shame really because who would moan about making money? But I could offer some crap reserve player and still get some decent dosh

Making money on this game is far too easy. It's one of the down sides I see in this game. Shame really because who would moan about making money? But I could offer some crap reserve player and still get some decent dosh

Maybe it is easy with an english premiership club with no debts.. Im managing Benfica and i keep losing money... -3mil -.-

I really can't tell how im losing all this money tbh...

is there a way to offer specifically to man city lol?

on my game they actually got a good deal- sold martin petrov for 7mil + kim kallstrom

I havent found that its easy to sell players particularly. I also find it annoying that loads of teams offer nothing upfront then all the money of 2 years, which i dont want!

is there a way to offer specifically to man city lol?

on my game they actually got a good deal- sold martin petrov for 7mil + kim kallstrom

I havent found that its easy to sell players particularly. I also find it annoying that loads of teams offer nothing upfront then all the money of 2 years, which i dont want!

Every offer ive had has been pay nothing now and they gave me the balance over the next 24 months , it does get a bot annoying i agree

On FM 08 i was manager of Mk Dons in the premiership and all my transfers sold were payed in 24month installments which meant by the premiership i was making £7million every month due to getting £30million after 24 months for loads of my players such as wilson palacios, valencia, breno, anthony grant and others. This made my board love me as every month i was making huge profits. The only problem with this is not all the money goes straight into ur transfer budget so if u need the money straight up u will get about 20% less money but all up front. For example on Fm 09 i had the option of selling Rio Ferdinand for £37million after 24months or £32 up front so i took the £32 and brought Micah Richards and Carlos Vela!!!

this new system seems a lot cheaper than last years. i got gago for $14m, matias fernandez for $6m, benzema for $12m, and players like balotelli for $25m when last year they were much more expensive. also for a good striker the mark-up isnt there like before. i only got $45m for adebayor when he was worth $38m and last year i would have gotten at least $50-$60m. i think the transfers this season are a bit unrealistic to be honest but im not going to complain about some of the players i pick up.

As Liverpool you can sell:

Pennant for 28m + 15% next sale

Kuyt for 28m

Lucas for 56m + 10% next sale

Benayoun 15m

Aurélio for ~39.6m

I've had 30m for Babel, but if you tried you could get more. I also tried with Gerrard -- 56m again.

In reality, you only sell Lucas and Aurélio to Man City before they run out of cash, assuming you go for Hamsik.

Gary Cahill joined Man City for £12 million and then 10 days later he joined Arsenal for £14.5 million. He played something like 5 games in two seasons.

When Van Der Sar retired, who became the first choice Man Utd keeper? Maybe they'd promote Foster or Kuszczak? Perhaps bring in a big name from abroad? Nope, they spent their cash on Roy Carroll.

Gary Cahill joined Man City for £12 million and then 10 days later he joined Arsenal for £14.5 million. He played something like 5 games in two seasons.

When Van Der Sar retired, who became the first choice Man Utd keeper? Maybe they'd promote Foster or Kuszczak? Perhaps bring in a big name from abroad? Nope, they spent their cash on Roy Carroll.

Mothers life - Thats a shocker!!!!

Archived