Simply - Thanks SI!

Now I know I will no doubt attract the moaners, whingers, do-gooders & do-badders telling me I'm daft, I'm a kiss-ass, and I'm full of **** and all the rest..................

But having spent quite a good few days playing this fantastic game, I would like to simply say thanks SI for making what I reckon to be the best version of your platinum selling football management simulator since it's inception.

There are a few bugs, as is clear to see. But if I can get it playing 2d matches on a 3 year old Athlon 64, with XP, with an ATI Radeon 9200, then I'm absolutely delighted.

The attention to detail is incredible, the movement of the 2d icons is a massive improvement, and the depth to the game is even greater with the addition of the Matchday Info panes.

I could bleat on about the good points, the bad points and the ugly points, but the point of this thread is to break up the constant stream of negative threads on this forum, and to simply say......

Thanks SI.

Feel free to sign if you concur............

Now I know I will no doubt attract the moaners, whingers, do-gooders & do-badders telling me I'm daft, I'm a kiss-ass, and I'm full of **** and all the rest..................

But having spent quite a good few days playing this fantastic game, I would like to simply say thanks SI for making what I reckon to be the best version of your platinum selling football management simulator since it's inception.

There are a few bugs, as is clear to see. But if I can get it playing 2d matches on a 3 year old Athlon 64, with XP, with an ATI Radeon 9200, then I'm absolutely delighted.

The attention to detail is incredible, the movement of the 2d icons is a massive improvement, and the depth to the game is even greater with the addition of the Matchday Info panes.

I could bleat on about the good points, the bad points and the ugly points, but the point of this thread is to break up the constant stream of negative threads on this forum, and to simply say......

Thanks SI.

Feel free to sign if you concur............

I have bought every version of the game since .... well, as long as I can remember. We all know there are bugs and annoyances when it is first released, but these are usually fixed in the big patch that normally comes out early in the new year (Jan, Feb). So, as a result of this I feel relaxed (relatively) about these annoyances.

But on to the game itself. I don't think there is any doubt about it that this is the best version yet. The match engine is BRILLIANT this time around. I feel as if I really can enjoy the match engine with only this first patch applied. This has not been the case in most (if not all) previous versions.

Having not tried the demo beforehand, and having read a few posts about the 3D view, my expectations were not high. But, once again, I love it. It has just the right level of detail and now finally much of what goes on in the match engine (previously only shown in 2D and appeared nonsense), now does make sense. There are clearly a number of issues with it - penalties don't look great because the keeper seems too small between the goals, some times the players seem to move on roller skates, etc. But for the first version - BRILLIANT!

As Miles and his crew know, I will let rip on here about the quality of the game if it is below par, but I am personally delighted at the moment. I've only played a few seasons so far, but I'm enjoying it more than ever.

In summary ...

3d View - BRILL! (Needs work though to improve experience)

Match Engine - BEST EVER!

Transfer system - Much better, but still needs some work.

Media and interviews - I still hate this part, but I'm learning to live with it.

Initially, I felt the same, but the long range goals I'm constantly conceding have driven me to the bring of slinging the game or something at the moment, hopefully soon there will be a way to stop them though, and I'll get back to feeling like you two do.

Can't really enjoy the game to the fullest atm cause my pc is pretty old and the 2D lags on mine.

Also it takes really long to set up the match.

Apart from that the game is pretty enjoyable so far.

I've only played it a few hours so I might still not have come into contact with any annoyances so far.

Archived