Everton FC signs up computer game as scout

What´s the "big deal" on it btw ? I mean, any team or coach/assistant can just buy a copy of the game, maybe load a 3rd party editor and "scout" that way, so what´s the "exclusive" part of it ? Getting the contributors´s suggestions before the release ?

What´s the "big deal" on it btw ? I mean, any team or coach/assistant can just buy a copy of the game, maybe load a 3rd party editor and "scout" that way, so what´s the "exclusive" part of it ? Getting the contributors´s suggestions before the release ?

Yeah I was wondering the same since I read about this long ago.

What are they exactly paying for?

Yeah I was wondering the same since I read about this long ago.

What are they exactly paying for?

I believe they are paying for the exclusive right to use the 1000 or so researchers that SI employ to create the attributes for the players in the game. This is larger than probably any club in the world has access to and pays for. By paying exclusive rights then no other club can gain access to those researchers info apart from in the same manner as we can, ie by buying the game. Everton will be able to potentially find out about young players before anyone else.

Guest mikeytwigge

does this mean if you manage everton in the next game you will see every attribute without having to scout them even if you have attribute masking on

That's a very interesting point, mikeytwigge! How very meta.

I'm sure SI always reserved the right to do this in the small print, but I wonder how the thousands of volunteer researchers will feel about sub-contracting for Everton. If my club had a young protegé I'd be tempted to mark him down to prevent Everton getting wind of him...

I'm sure the Liverpool researcher will love this too!

Let's face it tho, the database isn't gonna tell Everton anything that the worlds scouts don't already know. There's are thousands of them too, and they are professional.

Perhaps, but this way they get actually numbers on abilities. And it's an actual database. They can search for numerous criterias for players all over the world. Off course it would be silly to rely only on FM's database but it should prove a nice little index to have.

Archived