Is it just me or...

playing FM using the 'big' teams in the UK and Europe make the game a little dull?

I mean everyone knows 75% of the best players in the world, yes they are hidden gems in FM but with the funds of some of these clubs its easy to hover up the ideal XI without much difficultly.

When you play as a lower league or non league team the game becomes a much better experience as you tend to find the gems that you can afford and not those mentions of every forum on the web.

I seem to have 'love affairs' with different teams each generation.

Original CM - Luton/QPR/Newcastle

CM Italia - Parma

CM2 - Preston

CM3 - Southport

'04 - Liverpool

'05/'06 -Blackpool

'07' Blackpool/Southamption

'08 - Southampton/DINAS Powys

They're the ones I seem to remember.

And '09 I'm starting my game with Leeds although I am also definitely pondering a return to my roots to see if I can save Luton.

I seem to have 'love affairs' with different teams each generation.

Original CM - Luton/QPR/Newcastle

CM Italia - Parma

CM2 - Preston

CM3 - Southport

'04 - Liverpool

'05/'06 -Blackpool

'07' Blackpool/Southamption

'08 - Southampton/DINAS Powys

They're the ones I seem to remember.

And '09 I'm starting my game with Leeds although I am also definitely pondering a return to my roots to see if I can save Luton.

ive took up the challenge of luton myself gives it a bit of meaning to save them lol

I played with Everton in my last FM (07) , and putting together the team of the best players you know is rather hard with them. TBF i even had to get Beckham into my team once and i really dont rate him IRL.

But i also always have a LowestLeague team game in England running, trying to work my way up. (Never worked up higher Regionalliga Germany though in 07, in previous FMs i managed to ´get a job in Championship though.)

In 09 i will manage an Everton again (though it is kinda hard, just hate most players they have, in 07 i really loved their squad)

, then i will do the usual LL game, but also might give Wacker Burghausen, my local club a try, if they are researched a little better than in previous games. Surprisingly i have never managed my fav. club Bayern sinde Cm 03/04, but somehow its not the challenge i want , team building is what i enjoy. Might be worth it just to get rid of Klinsmann at least in a fantasy world.

Archived