Steam issues with WSM 2009 for NA users

I live here in the US and i preloaded the game last night and was expecting to wake up this morning to activate the game. I log into steam and it still says it is still unreleased. I try clicking on activate.exe from the files i downloaded, nothing happens. Where do i get my activation code? I dont know what to do next. There is no instructions anywhere.

Have i done something wrong? I only downloaded from steam as didnt want the delay of 3 or4 days with amazon, looks like i may have made a mistake. PLEASE HELP

I live here in the US and i preloaded the game last night and was expecting to wake up this morning to activate the game. I log into steam and it still says it is still unreleased. I try clicking on activate.exe from the files i downloaded, nothing happens. Where do i get my activation code? I dont know what to do next. There is no instructions anywhere.

Have i done something wrong? I only downloaded from steam as didnt want the delay of 3 or4 days with amazon, looks like i may have made a mistake. PLEASE HELP

Ahh, STEAM comes through again. Yeah, it's steamin' alright, like something else.

It was my understanding that it would "Activate" at 9:00AM with the patch (was talked about in other WWSM threads yesterday). It isn't 9:00AM anywhere in the US yet. I was never clear regarding which time zone referred to by 9:00AM. But unless they are talking about Hawaii, I expect it should be active by 12:00 PM EST (9:00AM PST) at the latest, possibly as early as 9:00AM EST

It was my understanding that it would "Activate" at 9:00AM with the patch (was talked about in other WWSM threads yesterday). It isn't 9:00AM anywhere in the US yet. I was never clear regarding which time zone referred to by 9:00AM. But unless they are talking about Hawaii, I expect it should be active by 12:00 PM EST (9:00AM PST) at the latest, possibly as early as 9:00AM EST

Muzchap an administrator posted that it's 9 AM PST.

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2075288&postcount=375

Thanks, no big deal as i am on the way to work now. Does it come with the patch or do we have to download it from the site.

The steam download was pretty qucik, down loaded 1.5gb in 20 minutes or less. Cant wait to start managing my fav team Galway Utd in the league of ireland.

The good looks awesome by the way. Worked fine for me with the demo, no issues with bugs.

Just be glad that you can actually pre-load the game, steam dosen't let me.

Log out of steam then log back in, click on the pre load button and when a new window pops up click the option to start downloading. What version of windows have you? Do you have any antivirus/firewall software installed? Sorry to hear that you have having issues downloading.

I can't find a preload button, not even when right clicking on the game.

Windows is XP

Firewall is only through router

Neither had problems dling anything from steam before.

I believe the preload button came up when one left-clicked WWSM on steam. Hope this helps.

Archived