3d match is awesome, first time since CM im actually enjoy watching a game !

3d match is awesome, first time since CM im actually enjoy watching a game a rather that running with the match and commentary speed as fast as possible. The 3d engine has opened up a new world of understanding the tactics for me. Dont get me wrong the 2D engine was helpful but the added dynamics of 3d works an absoutle treat. Just feel compeled to watch a game now. Well done SI !

3d match is awesome, first time since CM im actually enjoy watching a game a rather that running with the match and commentary speed as fast as possible. The 3d engine has opened up a new world of understanding the tactics for me. Dont get me wrong the 2D engine was helpful but the added dynamics of 3d works an absoutle treat. Just feel compeled to watch a game now. Well done SI !

I agree. 3D match engine is brilliant.

I am a massive fan of the ticker tape matchdays ... watching the clock and text only ..... I grumbled slightly at the 2D engine introduction ... and was very worried about the 3D .... I remember many many footy management games who have tried to graphically recreate matches throughout the years, and watched them fail every time.

But .... after a few wasted hours trying to get FM 09 to work (matchdays froze, have to run game in window mode) ....... I was overjoyed at the results ... I agree with scottscotland, the 3D match is a treat to watch ..... this could turn out to be the best Football / Championship manager yet .. well maybe the 2nd best, I still remember the feelings joy when first loading the very first Football Manager cassette for my Acorn Electron.

Just thought I'd chip in with some positivity.

As i'm only playing the demo so far i've found it a bit lacking or stalling more like it, but i like the 3D engine reminds me of Sensible Soccer back in the early 90's on the Amiga 500 which I loved, graphics I realised isn't everything, for a manager sim game anyway.

Archived