strikers being outrunned

Can some wise guy tell me what can make difference in a player's speed except Pace, Acc, energy, and morale?

Because in my game, my ST with 11 Acc and 11 Pace gets every damn single time outrun by DCs with like 4 Acc and 3 Pace when chasing the ball, and their energy is about the same. They are apart from eachother so it's not because their aggression or some other stuff.

His morale is good.

Mine is not, cause this game gets more ridiculous year from year.

I'm experiencing the same thing with different strikers.

Srsly, from now, we even have to start threads filled with assumptions about what a players Pace do, like last year about arrows?

I understand that a very free-flowing game, like soccer is hard to model in AI, but things like this should be simple and straightforward without any babbling about tactics or anything.

Anticipation, workrate, agility(how fast they turn and change directions), decisions, positioning( for defender), off the ball(for attacker) and match confidence is also important. Its not just speed vs speed .

Maldini (8 pace)in my game rarely get skinned by fast forwards simply be course hes very intelligent and know how to position himself during the game

except you missed that 9/10 the dribbler starts slowing down like he dropped his contact lenses and the defender jus snatches the ball. However for the AI, they have no trouble running past my defenders.

I'm having the same problem, eventhough my attackers and defenders are way faster then the opposition they constantly get outrun.

My Central defenders usually dont stand a chance in a sprint and the same goes for my pacey strikers :(

I have no clue at all why this happens.

I don't think it should be about any mental skills when they are simply running a short linear route to get to a certain position. The problem wasn't about getting to the ball from the right angle, or anything like this, just. simply. running. wothout. the. ball.

BTW, I gave up on creating a precisely tweaked tactic, and now using the good old plain 4-4-2, and this problem is gone.

Probably the players were burdened by the too complex tactics, dunno, but even if they were, this couldn't have to grease their shoes, or tying their shoelaces... If they don't know what to do, they can still run for that damn ball...

Dribbling a ball makes you inherently slower doesn't it? It's not like you can sprint like an Olympic 100m sprinter while dribbling a football.

How many football forwards (no matter how fast they are) every pull away from a defender (no matter how slow they are) while dribbling a football. Almost never.

Defenders always have the advantage, since they can full out sprint, whereas an offensive player must concentrate on dribbling.

My defenders always catch up with the opposing teams forwards. It's no different. Now if you talking about skill to dribble by a player, that's different. I'm talking about when the offensive player is wide open, my defender can easily catch up.

Archived