My disc will not read!!!!

For some reason, my brand new disc is not getting read by my driver. I did not encounter this problem with previous FM games (and I'm using the same PC).

So far I'm hearing a crazy amount of problems with the installation process, but I sure would like to even get that far.

Before you ask, the minimum pc requirements are all there but it will just not recognise the disc & booth up.

Any idea guys????

The disc is a DVD. Does your computer have a DVD drive?

I'm not too sure.

As I stated in my last mail, I never had a problem before.

Are you saying that FM09 is now DVD format whereas previous FM games were cd?It makes some sense if that is correct?

I'm not too sure.

As I stated in my last mail, I never had a problem before.

Are you saying that FM09 is now DVD format whereas previous FM games were cd?It makes some sense if that is correct?

That is exactly it. FM09 is the first to be released on DVD rather than CD.

That is exactly it. FM09 is the first to be released on DVD rather than CD.

Bloody Great!!!!!

No matter what way you look at it, SI have completely screwed over legitimate loyal FM fans this year with all the new spec they've devised.

Better chance of getting sh*t from a rocking horse than getting FM09 to work.

I got FM to work just fine. It's too big for a CD now. They had to go to DVD. They haven't 'devised a new spec'. They just did what they had to.

Activation was a shambolic nightmare, though. Glad it worked for me!

Bloody Great!!!!!

No matter what way you look at it, SI have completely screwed over legitimate loyal FM fans this year with all the new spec they've devised.

I agree they seemed to have ballsed it up this year, which is really a shame after so many successful years......If they had any sense they would release it on CD form for the loyal customers who do not have a DVD drive.

I agree they seemed to have ballsed it up this year, which is really a shame after so many successful years......If they had any sense they would release it on CD form for the loyal customers who do not have a DVD drive.

Those loyal customers can still download it through STEAM. After all, it would seem you have internet access. ;)

Nah think I'll prbably just boycott the game, all I'v been hearing is complaints about it unfortunatly, hopefully by the time the release a flawless FM 2010 I'll have my DVD drive :D

The game itself is the best in a while. It's really good and I'm really enjoying it. Complaints about the actual game must be down a good 90% on last year. It's mainly activation that's the issue.

The game itself is the best in a while. It's really good and I'm really enjoying it. Complaints about the actual game must be down a good 90% on last year. It's mainly activation that's the issue.

Ah right, heard its VERY slow, but guess it depends on the PC your running it on etc, I have another PC at the folks house that I might swap but I'll read a few more reviews before I go such major measures :thup:

• Administrators

My computer will not read my DVD disc

You can download the game in Steam without using the disc using the game code you have from your purchased game.

Open up Steam

Go to My Games

Go to Activate a product on Steam

Enter your Activation Code found on the back of the manual. (Use http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ to see you got all the 0's and o's right)

Steam should now download your game.

You could always buy a USB external DVD drive.

This one is a bit more expensive but with a bit of hunting around I'm sure you could find a cheaper one

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/128345

I can't help feeling that all of this "hunting around for drivers", "troubleshooting errors", "downloading steam", "entering key-codes", etc, is all a bit unnecessary had S.I. just stuck with the reliable winning formula that has made the FM series the success it is today - SIMPLICITY.

Tried to open up Steam & play that way but got the following error message:

"Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll".

And for all those smart arse's who keep commenting saying it's the "best FM to date" & "I had no trouble getting it up & running"...........please spare a taught as I (& i'm sure there's others) are having to still play FM 08 to satisfy the daily addiction which is tough knowing FM09 is out.

I can't help feeling that all of this "hunting around for drivers", "troubleshooting errors", "downloading steam", "entering key-codes", etc, is all a bit unnecessary had S.I. just stuck with the reliable winning formula that has made the FM series the success it is today - SIMPLICITY.

Tried to open up Steam & play that way but got the following error message:

"Steam.exe (main exception): Unable to load library Steam.dll".

And for all those smart arse's who keep commenting saying it's the "best FM to date" & "I had no trouble getting it up & running"...........please spare a taught as I (& i'm sure there's others) are having to still play FM 08 to satisfy the daily addiction which is tough knowing FM09 is out.

I can assure you that when I talk about how great FM09 is, it's because I don't want people to give up on it and miss out on the best FM in a while.

You could always buy a USB external DVD drive.

This one is a bit more expensive but with a bit of hunting around I'm sure you could find a cheaper one

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/128345

wow that's cheap, I remember a few year ago I spent £120 for one as I needed it for my laptop.

Also people complaining about FM being in DVD format its the standard for games now.

Bloody Great!!!!!

Are these the legitimate loyal FM fans who haven't bothered to check that they have the correct specs to run a much bigger game or all of them in general? It does say DVD on the box quite clearly.

• Administrators

Again:

You can download the game in Steam without using the disc using the game code you have from your purchased game.

Open up Steam

Go to My Games

Enter your Activation Code found on the back of the manual. (Use http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ to see you got all the 0's and o's right)

Im having the same problem with the disc not reading but its in a dvd drive. Any ideas?
Again:

Open up Steam

Go to My Games

Thanks for the advice mate. I will try it, but I have never used steam and I shouldnt really have to as I have just spent £30 on the game. I really just want to know why my computer is unable to read the disc.

Archived