No launch game icon

Can anyone help me please

I have installed the game on my laptop but there is no icon to launch the game. I go into my computer and try and launch it that way and nothing happens.

I also installed the game on my desktop and it worked fine and an icon appeared on my desktop.

I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS I bought the boxed game from a shop if that makes any difference

Do you have Vista ? Is it under 'programs' 'games' 'football manager 2009' ?

George,

Thanks for your reply and yes I do have Vista. I looked in all programs - games but there was no Football Manager 2009 only minesweeper, solitaire etc.

Does this mean it hasn't installed properly?

George,

Thanks for your reply and yes I do have Vista. I looked in all programs - games but there was no Football Manager 2009 only minesweeper, solitaire etc.

Does this mean it hasn't installed properly?

Found it.

Thanks for your help mate.

Cheers

I actually have a similar problem. When installing the game, it said that there had been some errors and that I should check the installation log. I did, and there some references to Explorer. No shortcut was created, and in the Games Folder, while there was an icon for FM09, the game wouldn't launch when I clicked on it. I created a shortcut manually.

My computer subsequently crashed four times the next day, and system restore removed both FM09 and the patch from my hard drive to try and get Windows running again. I reinstalled FM09 and the patch last night, and things seem to be running smoothly again. I did delete the demo and my previous save games to be on the safe side though. A bit worrying!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived