a couple of questions

Firstly apologies if these are answered elsewhere but i am struggling to find them.

Secondly, now that i have the game working can i say congrats! Great game.

Ok

1. I got the game through steam and its very slow, can i just play it from the disk instead?

2. The 3D match doesnt work? Have downloaded thepatch and the graphics issue fix but still doesnt work.

Thats it for now thanks, oh and i was a little perturbed that now when it says "The club recommends you have no more than 3 coaches" you can actually have only 3 not the 5 you could on FM08 :rolleyes:

1. You can play it direct from its location on your hard drive without connecting to STEAM.

2. Is your graphics card good enough to play 3D?

Graphics card??? THat would be a no as i dont think i have one.

2D it is then :D

Oh and is anyone else struggling to score goals?

(Thansk fotr the answer Mike, i also like the new archived tactics having generic team instructions :thup: )

Graphics card??? THat would be a no as i dont think i have one.

2D it is then :D

Oh and is anyone else struggling to score goals?

(Thansk fotr the answer Mike, i also like the new archived tactics having generic team instructions :thup: )

You'll definitely have some sort of graphics card. But I would guess it's not up to playing the 3D view.

One last one sorry, are you aware of the goals issue? I am 4 games (And friendlies) into a season with Notts and havent scored yet? Despite hitting the post and crossbar what seems like every 5 minutes.?

(This maybe just my sheer ineptitude on the game)

The ball hits the woodwork too much, in my opinion. However, I'm not really struggling to score goals. I'm managing Inverness CT, so I don't expect to exactly score hatfuls. But we're doing okay. We have by far the best goal difference of the relegation battlers.

Ok well i am glad its my crapness and not a fault in the game then...

Are you managing Nottingham Forest or Notts County? Either way, you don't have to be crap to struggle with them because they are generally among the weaker teams in their respective divisions. Just keep at it. I was given a good bit of advice recently for managing weaker teams; expect defeat and treat each point as a bonus to be savoured. It's really helped me enjoy my game with Inverness, even though it's a struggle at times.

County, I normally do really well, have seriously strengthened the team with free agents and i wonder if that might be the problem, if they are going to take a while to settle in and get together as a team then thats great.

I expect to make the playoffs though

As Mike says, new signings take time to adjust, this was part of previous games, but seems to mean a lot more in 09. Also have a look at the tactics forum for some hints and tips, tempo and creative freedom can have as much negative effect as positive and can lead to a striker rushing his chances and messing them up.

Archived