Transfers v Real life

I just did a season last night unemployed and enjoyed watching all the results and transfers happen in the EPL.

I remember a few versions ago arsenal signing a few players in game and then it happened in real life !!

wonder if SI have hidden knowledge or what ? it does seem to happen more and more now, its one of those Mulder and Scully things !

anyone else seen it happen ?

I can't remember if I dreamed this or actually read it last year, but I think a lot of shortlists are based on transfer rumours that the SI researchers actually hear. Some of them are around the clubs (supporters associations etc), so they get to hear which players clubs are looking at.

Also, when a club has just got rid of a player in position where they have little cover, it stands to reason that they will seek to replace that player. The game looks at what players may be available, such as big players at smaller clubs. FM08 eg would be Arsenal signing Mutu from Fiorentina (I think) over and over, presumably to replace Reyes until Vela comes of age.

Lucas to Liverpool is another one, although he hasn't broken through as quickly as on FM.

I can't remember if I dreamed this or actually read it last year, but I think a lot of shortlists are based on transfer rumours that the SI researchers actually hear. Some of them are around the clubs (supporters associations etc), so they get to hear which players clubs are looking at.

Also, when a club has just got rid of a player in position where they have little cover, it stands to reason that they will seek to replace that player. The game looks at what players may be available, such as big players at smaller clubs. FM08 eg would be Arsenal signing Mutu from Fiorentina (I think) over and over, presumably to replace Reyes until Vela comes of age.

Lucas to Liverpool is another one, although he hasn't broken through as quickly as on FM.

well arshvin to man city in my game, man city money bags siging everyone, so i reckon come jan, one of them is gonna happen !

Archived