Refusing to learn a new PPM.

I want my made up player to learn to shoot with power as I have found this to be very effective, in LLM at least, but he refused to learn it.

1) If I keep trying will he eventually accept, or am I stuck with him the way he is now??

2) Are there any "tools" I can use to add this in?

3) Do PPM's affect CA in any way?

Thanks

Baz

I want my made up player to learn to shoot with power as I have found this to be very effective, in LLM at least, but he refused to learn it.

1) If I keep trying will he eventually accept, or am I stuck with him the way he is now??

2) Are there any "tools" I can use to add this in?

3) Do PPM's affect CA in any way?

Thanks

Baz

1) No idea. My guess is..maybe you are still unproven so players don't take you seriously. It's known that teamtalks have a bigger effect if players respect you, so I'm guessing that if you try again one season from now after you've established yourself, then the player might be more willing to listen to you.

2) If you are referring to real-time data editors, not at this moment. Maybe in a few more weeks, a more comprehensive third-party data editor will allow you to do that..

3) Don't think so. But higher ability players don't usually need PPMs because they will pick the right decision most of the time, whether to shoot with power or place the ball. PPMs just bias that decision-making process to one side.

It'd be nice to be able to give an ultimatum to a player refusing. If you are new and inexperienced telling Totti what to do, the ultimatum may backfire and lose you the dressing room. But once established, smaller rep players hsould be able to be bullied into changing :p

Yeah that would be a nice addition too. I'm hoping he does accept eventually, as I don't want to use an editor to do this. He's only 16 so I suppose there is plenty of time.

I only want this as me and my mate are playin a game in League One and both made ourselves up. My man has slightly better stats but his man has "shoots with power".

I've scored 2 in pre-season so far but he has scored 5-6 with most being screamers from distance!

1)

3) Don't think so. But higher ability players don't usually need PPMs because they will pick the right decision most of the time, whether to shoot with power or place the ball. PPMs just bias that decision-making process to one side.

I never thought about it like that before, thanks!

Yeah that would be a nice addition too. I'm hoping he does accept eventually, as I don't want to use an editor to do this. He's only 16 so I suppose there is plenty of time.

I only want this as me and my mate are playin a game in League One and both made ourselves up. My man has slightly better stats but his man has "shoots with power".

I've scored 2 in pre-season so far but he has scored 5-6 with most being screamers from distance!

I guess if he has low technique, "shoots with power" could be good. If he has good technique, "places his shots" might be more appropriate?

Is there a breakdown of which attributes matches each PPM anywhere? that could be useful.

Archived