The Giggler joins the FM community

Hi all this is the Giggler99 new to football manager and ready to take what ever team I desire straight to the top. By the way before I start about what i'm doing here I wasn't sure where to post this for there isn't any introduction thread maybe thats an idea.

A little about what I am doing here. Over the past years i've been playing E.A sports brand of manager sim games Fifa Manager, TCM even the old F.A premier League Manager. After the disappointment that was FIFA Manager 07 I decided to skip any manager sim games for 08, now being almost two years out of the game i've decided to get back in to it. (the cravings just don't go away) I wanted to try something other then FIFA Manager because with FIFA Manager I know what i'm expecting now. So I hit the forums and the review boards and found out that Football Manager is the way to go. I was familiar with the title and how impressive it is but I never tried it due to my commitment to FIFA Manager and E.A.

So I Downloaded the demo and started playing at first I wasn't to impressed the interface I took time to get use to and I found it a little difficult getting in to the game, but once I figured my way around and familiarized myself with it and got myself in to it boy was I addicted to it!! its like it grabbed a hold of me, all the tactical and training options, the press confrencess the player database etc.. I love the 2D view something I would have craved to have in FIFA manager there is nothing better then a birds eye view to know how your tactics are working. the 3D view is fine to not over the top simple and easy i've played it every night and now its getting bloody hard for me to get of the computer and thats just the demo! the game is exciting and fastrating at the some time brilliant.

Now its time to buy the game i'll be going out in the next day or two to buy it just as soon I get payed :) I will announce it when I do. Anyway just a few things that cought my attention during the demo that I like to address 1) in the 3D view it kept stalling every so often for a few seconds hopefully this is corrected. 2) to many injurys so much that at one stage I had trouble fielding a team is this a training problem I set or a bug in the game / demo? 3) not so much a problem but I couldn't delete my mail I want to be an organised manger :) 4) I would have like that the players number showed up next to them in the squad screen.

So all thats left is to buy the game and take my team to the top, i'm thinking of starting with a lower division team and working my way up seeming that i'm new to the game and all. I will search this forum for more tips and info on how to get started, I should be ok, just don't want to get to advance to quick.

anyway thanks and i'll hang around and let you all know how i'm doing in the coming weeks and months

Cheers The Giggler99

Archived