The Giggler joins the FM community

Hi all this is the Giggler99 new to football manager and ready to take what ever team I desire straight to the top. By the way before I start about what i'm doing here I wasn't sure where to post this for there isn't any introduction thread maybe thats an idea.

A little about what I am doing here. Over the past years i've been playing E.A sports brand of manager sim games Fifa Manager, TCM even the old F.A premier League Manager. After the disappointment that was FIFA Manager 07 I decided to skip any manager sim games for 08, now being almost two years out of the game i've decided to get back in to it. (the cravings just don't go away) I wanted to try something other then FIFA Manager because with FIFA Manager I know what i'm expecting now. So I hit the forums and the review boards and found out that Football Manager is the way to go. I was familiar with the title and how impressive it is but I never tried it due to my commitment to FIFA Manager and E.A.

So I Downloaded the demo and started playing at first I wasn't to impressed the interface I took time to get use to and I found it a little difficult getting in to the game, but once I figured my way around and familiarized myself with it and got myself in to it boy was I addicted to it!! its like it grabbed a hold of me, all the tactical and training options, the press confrencess the player database etc.. I love the 2D view something I would have craved to have in FIFA manager there is nothing better then a birds eye view to know how your tactics are working. the 3D view is fine to not over the top simple and easy i've played it every night and now its getting bloody hard for me to get of the computer and thats just the demo! the game is exciting and fastrating at the some time brilliant.

Now its time to buy the game i'll be going out in the next day or two to buy it just as soon I get payed :) I will announce it when I do. Anyway just a few things that cought my attention during the demo that I like to address 1) in the 3D view it kept stalling every so often for a few seconds hopefully this is corrected. 2) to many injurys so much that at one stage I had trouble fielding a team is this a training problem I set or a bug in the game / demo? 3) not so much a problem but I couldn't delete my mail I want to be an organised manger :) 4) I would have like that the players number showed up next to them in the squad screen.

So all thats left is to buy the game and take my team to the top, i'm thinking of starting with a lower division team and working my way up seeming that i'm new to the game and all. I will search this forum for more tips and info on how to get started, I should be ok, just don't want to get to advance to quick.

anyway thanks and i'll hang around and let you all know how i'm doing in the coming weeks and months

Cheers The Giggler99

P.S, i would try with a bigger team first just to get used to it a bit more! LLM (lower league management) has a tendancy to bite you on the ass!

The injury problem has been reduced but you need to download a patch for the game -there are usually 2 a year!

Any more probs and im sure me and the rest of the peeps will help you out!

P.S, i would try with a bigger team first just to get used to it a bit more! LLM (lower league management) has a tendancy to bite you on the ass!

The injury problem has been reduced but you need to download a patch for the game -there are usually 2 a year!

Any more probs and im sure me and the rest of the peeps will help you out!

hey baker Simon, ok then maybe a second division team or are you thinking straight from the top I like the challange of promoting a club.

in my demo i'm playing with Napoli i seem to be doing ok mid table

hey baker Simon, ok then maybe a second division team or are you thinking straight from the top I like the challange of promoting a club.

in my demo i'm playing with Napoli i seem to be doing ok mid table

I usially start with a prem team, it gives a chance to learn the basics whilst giving you a bit of money to play with. Then when im happy i delve into the lower leagues and start a long term carrer game!

Although im playing as Newcastle at the min i have just a new player come into my youth ranks who is rated as "could be one of the best players of his generation". Never seen that before so may hang around on this game for a bit to see how he ends up!

Also bewarethe 4-2-4 tactic, but only when the opposition use it! Especially in the last 10 mins of a game!

Had a couple of PM's about this thread. Can I just make clear that no mods have (yet) closed this thread? Giggler's posts are still alive!

(A mod simply closed his duplicate thread which, come on, was sensible).

"welcome"

fm got an superb community. the other games u played doesnt even have 1/20 of the community and forum posters as FM have.

gl and dont hesitate to ask about fm stuff on the forums. there is always 100 s of players willing to help u and wants to show to SI they are worthy beeing forums mods

To answer your question. To take over your youth team go to manager menu, your team name and chose team settings and tick the box control team under your youth team. Not sure you can do it in the demo as I never tried and I'm also not sure it is an option in all leagues as I usually don't use the option.

"welcome"

fm got an superb community. the other games u played doesnt even have 1/20 of the community and forum posters as FM have.

gl and dont hesitate to ask about fm stuff on the forums. there is always 100 s of players willing to help u and wants to show to SI they are worthy beeing forums mods

Hello and Thanks fettot, I already realised how much more helpfull and friendly the FM community is compare to the EA sports forums, they did just plain suck.

i'm overwelmed really and I will be buying the game real soon so expect some more questions ;) in fact I have one now :) can I play my demo game after I buy the game?

cheers

Ok guys The Giggler99 has just brought the game! about to intall it straight after I get something to eat i'll download the patch now so then i'll install them both in one hit, if any problems i'll post. might let you guys know how i'm going tomorrow for I think i'll be playing it for much of the night :)

cheers

welcome and enjoy your addiction because its going to live with you forever now :p

True words.

I look forward to it :D Welcome to the forums old man.

Seems like we can expect some fun posts :D

Ok guys The Giggler99 has just brought the game!

Oh come one, you are actually The Harry Pontek, aren't you?

;)

(don't worry if you don't understand what I'm talking about)

Ok guys i've installed the game and played it all last night, first off I had a bit of a problem activating the game one of the i in the key code was actually a 1 and IS said that it wouldn't effect anyone from Australia well it effect me, maybe the IS crew should rewite that memo.

Anyway once that was over I restarted my game with Napoli as I wanted to keep some players I had let go in my demo game (good player) i'm playing with about 20 leagues and it seems to be running fine, got the standed 4-4-2 formation going for the moment for my Intertoto cup game I won the first leg match so thats good but I played a team I had hardly heard of. The match engine is still lagging which is dissappointing thought they would have updated it with the patch. and i'm having a few troubles with the transfer market not so much the transfers themselvess more on filtering for a certan type of player if anyone has any tips please post going through the manual there wasn't much help really.

also is there a way of viewing and changing my player numbers?, I don't want my best player wearing number 83

well happy managing everyone and i'll update again soon with most likely more questions.

cheers

Ok guys i've installed the game and played it all last night, first off I had a bit of a problem activating the game one of the i in the key code was actually a 1 and IS said that it wouldn't effect anyone from Australia well it effect me, maybe the IS crew should rewite that memo.

Anyway once that was over I restarted my game with Napoli as I wanted to keep some players I had let go in my demo game (good player) i'm playing with about 20 leagues and it seems to be running fine, got the standed 4-4-2 formation going for the moment for my Intertoto cup game I won the first leg match so thats good but I played a team I had hardly heard of. The match engine is still lagging which is dissappointing thought they would have updated it with the patch. and i'm having a few troubles with the transfer market not so much the transfers themselvess more on filtering for a certan type of player if anyone has any tips please post going through the manual there wasn't much help really.

also is there a way of viewing and changing my player numbers?, I don't want my best player wearing number 83

well happy managing everyone and i'll update again soon with most likely more questions.

cheers

You'll get asked to confirm your squad numbers closer to the start of your league campaign, so you'll be able to change everything then :thup:

Brandon, are you trying to say you don't care about Giggler :eek:

Good Luck Giggler:thup:, hope you have fun playing the game, and becuase you've signed up now, you can never go back to EA :D

I had the same problem when activating my game, they didn't the code's too clearly did they really

edit: Close Brandon's account, please, he is pointless

am i the only one who thinks so what?

I just want some help mate as I get started because i'm new to the game if you don't want to help don't.

The only reason I started this thread was because I went though the forum and found the community very helpful to each other so I figured it wouldn't be a problem getting some tips.

no keep it going...

hello, for sure i am a new polish player who very much enjoys your game of many blobs.

i very much enjoy your nanchedter red. we have enjoyment with this team.

they are my favourites. man blue are rubbish.

ronamaldo is my hero.

I just want some help mate as I get started because i'm new to the game if you don't want to help don't.

The only reason I started this thread was because I went though the forum and found the community very helpful to each other so I figured it wouldn't be a problem getting some tips.

Did you read my reply by the way earlier about the Squad numbers

Hey giggler,

My matches were lagging but then I updated my graphics card drivers and now it runs much, much better....

Silentbob, I updated my grahics card driver and still the some :( i'm runing a duro core2 processor with 3GB ram on XP, my graphics card is 256mb NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GS I think its a good one I haven't had problems with it before.

oh and an update on my game I'm through to the UEFA cup with Napoli after winning my qualifying round for anyone who cares. :) i'm starting to get really use to it now so I may not need to post any more questions.

Silentbob, I updated my grahics card driver and still the some :( i'm runing a duro core2 processor with 3GB ram on XP, my graphics card is 256mb NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GS I think its a good one I haven't had problems with it before.

oh and an update on my game I'm through to the UEFA cup with Napoli after winning my qualifying round for anyone who cares. :) i'm starting to get really use to it now so I may not need to post any more questions.

Hello mate, hope you enjoy the FM experience I've been hooked for 15years :D

With regards to the lagging issue maybe try running it in windowed mode.You can do this my clicking OPTIONS, PREFERENCES, DISPLAY + SOUND.At the top of the screen you'll see a display setting (should say default) click on this an change it to windowed mode.This may help you.

Good luck with Napoli, shame Diego ain't playing anymore :p

Hello mate, hope you enjoy the FM experience I've been hooked for 15years :D

With regards to the lagging issue maybe try running it in windowed mode.You can do this my clicking OPTIONS, PREFERENCES, DISPLAY + SOUND.At the top of the screen you'll see a display setting (should say default) click on this an change it to windowed mode.This may help you.

Good luck with Napoli, shame Diego ain't playing anymore :p

hey digsy, yes i've tryed it in windows mode and the some thing happens, I am scratching my head to what the problem is I don't want to buy a new graphics card, so i guess i'll just put up with it and keep tweaking my computer around to figure it out.

I loved Diego Maradonna still do I hope he can take Argentina to glory. and maybe one day even manage Napoli wouldn't that be something.

hey digsy, yes i've tryed it in windows mode and the some thing happens, I am scratching my head to what the problem is I don't want to buy a new graphics card, so i guess i'll just put up with it and keep tweaking my computer around to figure it out.

I loved Diego Maradonna still do I hope he can take Argentina to glory. and maybe one day even manage Napoli wouldn't that be something.

It ain't your graphics card mate.That's better than mine and mine runs fine.Try turning threading off,that was another issue to do with technical issues.Go to preferences again and un-tick the box.

Being English I have nothing positive to say about that short cheating fat git! :D

Still don't know why the match engine is lagging seem to have tried everything, the match starts then after around 10min it the match engine decides to kick in, then every break in play it stalls and lags and only the text on the bottom works. i've tryed everything you guys have said yet nothing, do you thing that I might have to many processor open? its starting to sh?t me because I can't really watch my matches everything in the game is fine apart from this i'm still trying to work out the transfer system but i'll get there.

update on my game, Napoli in 10th position just lost to inter 3 - 0 but there on top, still no excuss and the players can look forward to a few hard days on the training track. On the plus side made it though to the knockout phase of the UEFA Cup and Napoli is playing Manchester City would make an interesting match.

catch ya all soon

Boy am I such a dumbass!! i've figured out the problem this whole time I had the Match Highlights set to key. So all I had to do was change it to full match. Idiot!! works fine now

You shouldn't have to do that mate.It's a problem within the game which I'm sure will be fixed whent the next patch is released hopefully before xmas.

Archived