Why are my total wages not matching my financial statement?

I am sure there is probably a simple explanation for this.

I am a LLM in 2nd div south africa. I have my wages displayed as monthly. I have a wage budget of 7K per month, but i have gone over to almost 8.5K. That's not my issue though. When I look at my finances summary, it says in the expenditure column that I am spending 16K. Even when all staff are added in, it adds up to around 12K.

So, what does the wages row represent exactly? Staff and players or just players?

Or is there a bug or something here?

I am losing quite a bit per month (as discussed in other threads) but i shouldn't be if this figure is wrong. I have dropped form the 48K i started with and i am losing around 7K a month. If the wages expenditature summary row was just players, i shouldn't lose any $$ at all. If it is playing and non playing, i should only be losing a couple of K.

Anyone got any ideas as to what this means?

• SI Staff

The wages account in the finances screen includes both player salaries (first team, reserves, youth players) as well as staff salaries (coaches, scouts etc.)

There might be some rounding done with the wages displayed, so simply adding the wages displayed for individual players and staff might not always exactly match the total monthly figure in the wages account. Also the wages in the game are paid weekly, each Sunday, meaning the total amount of wages paid out each month can vary depending on how many Sundays happen to be in the calendar for that month.

You're losing money anyway. You will do because your board have budgeted for 7k and you are spending up to 8.5k. That's not far from a 25% increase.

As for wages that could include anything from miscellaneous staff wages (as GillsMan said) to a chairman's bonus.

Does it also include expenses like player bonuses and contract buyouts? I recently started a game as manager of Harland and Wolff in N. Ireland and my wage budget was miniscule to start with but got lower as finances worsened. The amount we were paying didn't look right so I had a look for a player bonuses column and couldn't find one.

In your case I would suggest you lower wages. You're a LLM and success takes time. Going overboard on wages will kill you just as quick as poor performances.

Ok I started writing this before Riz replied and took ages 'cause I was doing other stuff. My point still stands about you cutting wages however. It will sink you in the end. Good luck.

• SI Staff
As for wages that could include anything from miscellaneous staff wages (as GillsMan said) to a chairman's bonus.

The director/chairman wages are actually included in the Non-Footballing Costs account in the Expenditure screen. Same goes for other non-footballing staff. The Wages account only includes the wages paid out to players and footballing staff (coaches, scouts, physios etc.)

The director/chairman wages are actually included in the Non-Footballing Costs account in the Expenditure screen. Same goes for other non-footballing staff. The Wages account only includes the wages paid out to players and footballing staff (coaches, scouts, physios etc.)

Thanks Riz. There's stuff I've always been unsure about in the finances and it's nice to get clarification.

One thing I am unsure about is costs relating to releasing a player before his contract has run down. In my N. Ireland save I tried to cut wage costs by releasing a lot of youth team rubbish. I had to pay out their contracts and I was wondering where that cost may have been shown.

It was, incidentally a mistake, I think. I don't know what it has done to youth grants etc and my wage problems seem not at all bettered. I had to do something as I was hemorrhaging so much money.

• SI Staff
Thanks Riz. There's stuff I've always been unsure about in the finances and it's nice to get clarification.

One thing I am unsure about is costs relating to releasing a player before his contract has run down. In my N. Ireland save I tried to cut wage costs by releasing a lot of youth team rubbish. I had to pay out their contracts and I was wondering where that cost may have been shown.

It was, incidentally a mistake, I think. I don't know what it has done to youth grants etc and my wage problems seem not at all bettered. I had to do something as I was hemorrhaging so much money.

Any players released that have had their contracts paid out (fully or partly), would have that compensation show up in the wage costs that month. So yes, those compensations for releasing players would have shown in the wage expenses.

Any players released that have had their contracts paid out (fully or partly), would have that compensation show up in the wage costs that month. So yes, those compensations for releasing players would have shown in the wage expenses.

Well that explains a lot of the wage problems I experienced . Thanks.

Note to everyone else: Don't dump half your youth squad in the hope of making more wages available to the first team. :)

Archived