My first impressions

Well I played my three friendlies last night, and will be starting my season proper in college today (and no doubt tonight at home too:P).

I'm liking it so far, although there doesn't seem to be anything revolutionary there. The 2D pitch is no good tactically I think, but it does provide a nice break from staring at the player ratings screen for the whole match, so I like it a lot. I haven't had any pitch freezes or bugs yet, so hopefully there won't be too many. Having said that, I'm sure I will miss the text commentary with something like "Duff takes it down the wing, passes one, passes another, crosses, Martins shoots..." and in crucial matches those "..." seem to go on forever. Although I suppose you can turn the 2D pitch off. Seems like a waste then though.

I am disappointed with the skins though. I really hope they bring the football pitch-style skin back from 07 and 08, or the bright one from 08 (I don't know what any of them are called, sorry). They were simple, bright and everything was easy to read. Now it's either the REALLY bright one or the REALLY dark one. Normally I would pick the light one, but sometimes you can't read the text on certain screens like a player stats screen. But the dark skin is the only one where you can distinguish between the different color stats on a player stats screen. So I'm reluctantly sticking with that one, even though it's really not very nice.

Having said all that, I have spotted minor improvements here and there, and it was already an excellent game anyway, so I'm happy :D

I really the dark skin, too.

My first impressions are that I really like this version of the game. I really wish the 2D pitch was slower - I can barely see what's going on. It's also taken away some of the tension in the game - while the text may make it look like I'm in danger, if I don't see the pitch pop up I can breathe easy. And I've seen a few bugs in it, too. Complaints aside, though, I'm keeping it on, because it is nice to have.

I've also been scoring a lot, so I don't have the same problems some are reporting.

I've only played three friendlies and the first four league games (as Oxford United in the BSP), but I've won every match, mainly thanks to some new signings and some excellent loan players. (I've got one chap I forget the name of who's worth £1.4m that Arsenal loaned me until the end of the season. He's doing very well.)

Archived