Less arrows, less flexibilty

One of the (few) things i don't like in Fm2009 is that the "forward" or "backward" arrows for the players & theris positions, are less than the fm2008's.

For example, the r/l wingers (on a 4-3-3 formation) can't come forward into the area, but only at the sideline, or the M/L are not allowed to move untile the goaline anymore.

I believe that this should be fixed, as it prevents flexibility in creating tactitcs.

I would have to disagree, its possible to make the wingers cut inside, in fact I find that the variety of movement now in FM2009 is far greater than it was in FM2008 when we had arrows. Right now a players attributes also help define what kind of movements are possible. If I were playing a 4231 formation and I wanted to do a lot of quick passing so that my 4 upfront would wreak havoc, its possible, for the to play fast football and pass the ball around a defense, rip it apart and score.

A lot of this depends on how you use width, tempo, free roles, creative freedom, passing instructions and mentality

I would have to disagree, its possible to make the wingers cut inside, in fact I find that the variety of movement now in FM2009 is far greater than it was in FM2008 when we had arrows. Right now a players attributes also help define what kind of movements are possible. If I were playing a 4231 formation and I wanted to do a lot of quick passing so that my 4 upfront would wreak havoc, its possible, for the to play fast football and pass the ball around a defense, rip it apart and score.

A lot of this depends on how you use width, tempo, free roles, creative freedom, passing instructions and mentality

Hi Rashidi,

u seem to be describing something like the Portugal Euro formation with simao, deco, ronaldo and Gomez.

could you plse share how u would use width, tempo, free roles, creative freedom, passing instructions and mentality to recreate such a fast, defence spliting tactic?

greatly appreicated.

I already have started a thread in the forums where I discuss either the concepts or have started a thread where I've uploaded tactics and tactical templates

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=57400

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=55418

thx. downloaded them already

will try them out when i get home

will post results soon

really hope i can get my team to perform

Simao, Aguero, Maxi as attacking mids.. wow

Archived