Coaches

This is something that needs fixing:

Started a game unemployed, got the Farsley Celtic job. Started with Assman, Coach, GK Coach. Sacked the Coach and the GK Coach as they were carp (mutual termination). Signed a decent Fitness coach. Found a great GK coach, offered him a contract, he accepts. Board says the transfer is cancelled as they feel we don't need another coach. I am 1K under my wage budget. ( He accepted a P/T contract on 25/week).

For some reason the board has limited me to only one coach.

Now I understand in previous versions it was unrealistic when human managers signed 20 odd coaches, but if theyre within their wage budget, why not? I feel that not being able to have my GK coach is rather more ridiculous.

Hopefully we can find somewhere inbetween for patch or next version

Thanks,

Allister

So are we limited to say (Chelsea) an 8 coach limit? I was hoping not in 09.

I will have to use a workaround in the database to give myself the extra staff needed. By the way, I always feel I have too many scouts and too few coaches!

I started with Bradford City in League 2 and they had 8 coaches if i remember rightly, including 5 Youth Team Coaches. I sacked 5 of them, but then was told that i should not have more than 3 coaches. Very annoying, especially when i'm running under budget. Sort it in a patch please.

Archived