Running all leagues

Has anyone actually managed to run all available leagues on fm2009? I'm in the middle of deciding how to upgrade my rig and was just wondering what kind of pc would be necessary to run the whole in-game footballworld.

Also how is 2009 compared to 07 and 08?

Sharpy07, run the leagues you're interested in is the simple answer.

The more leagues you load, the slower your save. I advise that you experiment with a few setups by holidaying for a month of game time and timing how long it takes for different setups. Suggest you start off with the recommended setup (click 'recommended' on start new game menu) and test. Then add some new leagues and test again etc. until you find the right balance.

Also, ask yourself the question, 'what type of game am I going to have?'

No point in loading South Korea if you're only intending to stay in England, for instance. However, if you're going on a huge career tour and planning on hopping from club to club, then you will obviously want to load more than just England!

Finally, your PC is pretty decent by the sounds of things. I would suggest that you could easily run at least 14 leagues from 4 countries without putting your computer under any strain. You'll probably find you can run a lot more than that but it is all down to how quickly and smoothly you want things to run. Personally, I prefer quick and smooth to lots of detail that I don't necessarily need.

Hope that helps.

C.

Extra ram didn't make much difference to me.

I had 1Gb and was recommended English L2 and up, Italy top 2, Spain top 2 and Scotland div 3 and up. I bought another Gb on the weekend to make it 2Gb and it still recommends the same leagues, I assumed it would recommend more.

The game does feel a little bit more responsive, but I was hoping for more leagues.

I know I can pick my own leagues and I do, I have several view only leagues, but the recommendation is usually a good indicator.

Is the recommendation based on processor speed?

I know I can pick my own leagues and I do, I have several view only leagues, but the recommendation is usually a good indicator.

bs bs bs ! It always recommends 6 countries both in my Quad Core desktop and my Dual Core laptop... and 4 countries for some old Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz...

While I run 10-12 countries at least :p (fine!)

And a friend of mine plays with 20+ countries on a dual core :/ (and runs perfectly :eek: )

And btw with some memory changes in my pc it never recommended a different number of leagues so...

I had 1Gb and was recommended English L2 and up, Italy top 2, Spain top 2 and Scotland div 3 and up. I bought another Gb on the weekend to make it 2Gb and it still recommends the same leagues, I assumed it would recommend more.

Recommendation has nothing to do with the amount of leagues you can play. By doubling the RAM you can run at least 50% more leagues/divisions at the same speed. I usually play 3 to 5 times the amount of divisions recommended an it runs on a good speed.

The game does feel a little bit more responsive, but I was hoping for more leagues.

Is the recommendation based on processor speed?

I think it is based on both processor speed and RAM.

I went from 1GB to 3GB on my laptop and it definitely made a difference to the recommendation. With 1GB, it said England and Scotland default leagues. With 3GB, it said England, Scotland, Italy, Spain defaults.

I would disagree with what some are saying on here. Recomended leagues isn't the most accurate feature in the world but generally is a good recommendation as to what will run smoothly and reasonably on your PC. You can, often, easily add more leagues but as a general approach going with the recommendation is helpful.

I think it is based on both processor speed and RAM.

I went from 1GB to 3GB on my laptop and it definitely made a difference to the recommendation. With 1GB, it said England and Scotland default leagues. With 3GB, it said England, Scotland, Italy, Spain defaults.

I would disagree with what some are saying on here. Recomended leagues isn't the most accurate feature in the world but generally is a good recommendation as to what will run smoothly and reasonably on your PC. You can, often, easily add more leagues but as a general approach going with the recommendation is helpful.

For people with single core pcs maybe it is more accurate but for people with Quad/Dual core pcs it is way wrong.

Here is why i dont trust the recommendation:

Sempron 2.8 Ghz (real clock speed is like 1.6 or 1.7 Ghz... btw its single core)

512 MB RAM DDR I

vs

Quad Core 2.4 Ghz

2 GB RAM DDR II

Recommendation: 6 countries ... for both of them ! (:eek:) (same divisions as well)

So you can understand why i dont trust the recommendations ;)

It all depends on what setting (detail) you have on matches.

I wonder why people don't focus on that part of the game, and only on databasesize.

Hi. Could you explain this comment a bit more please - what affects changing detail setting has in terms of gameplay and speed. Also, are you referring to view only vs playable or something else?

Thanks

I'm currently running all leagues with a large db plus full details in all competitions and while the saving the game can take about 90 seconds I've no problems with the running speed of the matches and day to day info withing the game. On a hectic day with lots of matches taking place when it may take a minute or two to process all the results you can always work on your team, training, scouting etc while the results are calculating in the background. It's not so much down to the PC but how quick you expect the unit to process all the data, how patient you are and what you want from your game with regard to depth of info.

Thanks, that's sort of what I was saying but some assumed I was saying the recommendations were right or spot on. I use the recommendations as a guide.

Thanks, that's sort of what I was saying but some assumed I was saying the recommendations were right or spot on. I use the recommendations as a guide.

A bad guide for people with Dual/Quad Cores mind you :p

I have 8gb or ram and it makes no difference, si don't make the game use any ram over 2gb.

You're insane :eek:

What's the decent amount leagues to run the game on, i have a Dual Core 2.00Ghz Processor with 4GB Ram

On FM2008 I had 25 leagues across 10 nations running on a similar spec machine to yours although I had a core 2 duo processor at 2.33ghz so I dont know if that makes that much of a difference. The best think to do I think is to try a load of leagues and see if you like the performance. I would suggest you don't have too much stuff running at the same time as FM though.

I have always run all leagues and compititions on full and my game runs smooth. Usually about 45-90 seconds a day. Works for me. I enjoy the whole wolrd and see how things work out. I guess it is personal preference. I certainly do not go through as many seasons as some of these guys do but that is ok for me.

Trevor L.

Well i run the game on my pc in an excellent speed...

All leagues...

And perfect 3D mode...no slowdowns

Actually ... my specs are ;

E8500 - 3.16GHz FSB1333 cache 6MB

ECS P45T-A Black Edition

OCZ 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 800Mhz Fatal1ty Edition

Samsung 19" 932B WideScreen

XFX 9600GT XXX Alpha Dog Edition

320 GB Serial ATA II - 7200 RPM - 16MB Buffer Samsung

Corsair TX Series CMPSU-650TX TX650W

TCD how many seasons have you run with this?

How long does it take you to do a month etc? on hols or playing?

Well im working right now ... when i get home ... ill post all stats here... off how long takes a day ... a week ... a month...and a complete year ... ;D

Im running the middle of the second season...

So 1,5 seasons...for now my game is running perfect ;D

Edit : And yeah ...i use large db

my pc is old, i have a pentium 4, with nvidia geforce6200 turbochace and 2.5 gig RAM. i play:

All english leagues

3 spanish leagues

3itlaian leagues

2 german

2duthc

2portugues

3 french

2 greek

and runs fine. thats all u need really if u want a good european career. i left scottish league out coz....well.....not really a league now is it :p

In which case the results within the leagues running without full detail are calculated using team reputation rather than the quality/performance of the players playing.

When I found this out on FM08 it kind of spoilt the feeling of realism.

See this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=20769

I don't agree with that because big teams would never go down if that was true.

Wow Trevor thats crazy 2 hours to do a month.

Not just reputation but the actual players make little difference.

Try it and see. Example within the other thread where people have removed all the real players from a big team and see how they cope with grey players.

Anyone tried all leagues with everything on full detail ?

Umm , doesn't work for me.

Therefore if I run a league I use full detail to avoid it.

Got a 2.4 quad core with 4gb RAM and I run the following with a large db

English -all

Scotland -all

Ireland -all

N Ireland -all

Wales - all

France - top only

Italy - top only

Spain - top only

Germany - top only

Australia - top only

Just for interest, one alternative I would suggest to loading leagues is creating DDT files to retain players at certain clubs.

If you intend to just manage in one country, e.g. England, and don't want to load any extra leagues due to a low specification computer, you can create DDTs to load players from the top clubs in Europe. For instance, I have created DDTs for the top flights of Italy, Spain, France, Germany and also for all Champions League and UEFA Cup sides.

This adds to the realism of the game and means that there will be plenty of players and regens in the future. It also means that you will have a good level of competition in Europe in the game instead of regularly meeting with a team of 'greys'. As an additional bonus, extra international sides will become available to manage and you should avoid those situations where obscure countries lack players. For instance, French clubs are particularly useful in this sense due to France's colonial history and the players loaded into the game from these clubs. In theory, loading Spanish clubs should ensure some interesting South American regens in the future too.

It does slow the game down but not as much as loading the equivalent leagues as playable. In a few tests I have run, I have found the following rough times to complete a season on holiday:

- All England playable without DDTs = 1 hour 15 minutes.

- All England playable with DDTs for top European leagues = 1hr 30 minutes.

- Four nations playable without DDTs 2 hrs+.

So DDTs that retain players at selected clubs can be a good way of getting an excellent database without resorting to loading the equivalent leagues as playable and putting extra 'strain' on your computer.

Just for interest, one alternative I would suggest to loading leagues is creating DDT files to retain players at certain clubs.

If you intend to just manage in one country, e.g. England, and don't want to load any extra leagues due to a low specification computer, you can create DDTs to load players from the top clubs in Europe. For instance, I have created DDTs for the top flights of Italy, Spain, France, Germany and also for all Champions League and UEFA Cup sides.

This adds to the realism of the game and means that there will be plenty of players and regens in the future. It also means that you will have a good level of competition in Europe in the game instead of regularly meeting with a team of 'greys'. As an additional bonus, extra international sides will become available to manage and you should avoid those situations where obscure countries lack players. For instance, French clubs are particularly useful in this sense due to France's colonial history and the players loaded into the game from these clubs. In theory, loading Spanish clubs should ensure some interesting South American regens in the future too.

It does slow the game down but not as much as loading the equivalent leagues as playable. In a few tests I have run, I have found the following rough times to complete a season on holiday:

- All England playable without DDTs = 1 hour 15 minutes.

- All England playable with DDTs for top European leagues = 1hr 30 minutes.

- Four nations playable without DDTs 2 hrs+.

So DDTs that retain players at selected clubs can be a good way of getting an excellent database without resorting to loading the equivalent leagues as playable and putting extra 'strain' on your computer.

The DDts is really a great deal for people with low specs ;;

Or even for people who dont want to really play a certain league ... but want the realism of that league clubs on a european competition ;D

The DDts is really a great deal for people with low specs ;;

Or even for people who dont want to really play a certain league ... but want the realism of that league clubs on a european competition ;D

Yes, that's right TCD22.

I am planning a one club game in England and therefore I don't really want tons of other leagues weighing my game down. However, I want lots of players in the game so that I can make many 'discoveries' in the years to come. Also, I want all the big European teams having fulll squads. Plus, I fancy international management at some point. So, DDTs mean that I can do that and still have a game that prety much flies compared to if I had loaded each league into my save.

Not just reputation but the actual players make little difference.

Try it and see. Example within the other thread where people have removed all the real players from a big team and see how they cope with grey players.

Anyone tried all leagues with everything on full detail ?

Rico I just done a little test, I just got rid of all of Chelsea's big players and left them with only thier youth team players to use. Turned off the transfer window.

After 5 games they have 1 point. 1-1 with Stoke.

They have also lost 4-0 to Sunderland.

So the theory of club reps is wrong only works if the leagues are not loaded up.

And by the way, I can double confirm this.

St. Albans City, predicted 19th and with a mid to low reputation in the BSS, regularly finish mid-table and towards the playoffs when I holiday on minimum detail. Why? Because they have a better squad than their reputation would indicate (sitting 5th in real life, were predicted as potential relegation candidates at the start of the season.)

Archived