Huge Bug!!

That does look awesome! I'm not sure how you'd go about fixing it though.

I had this problem and found that is i kept changing between the various views available cycling through all of them the player sprites would eventually load. I think cycling through the views forces the display engine to refresh the sprites

BTW only got this in the demo havent had it since in the full game though

it the perfect compromise between 2-D and 3-D! I would actually consider playing in this mode. you get the 3-D without the distraction of the player rendering, which bothers some people.

am i crazy?

Maybe - I don't know you. :p

But you're right. It's kinda the happy medium between 2D/3D. This was probably SI's first thought when they first devised the "3D" dream, as in doing the blogs in anything other than a bird's eye view.

It would be cool to have this option, if only for novelty value... which would be massive!

I had this bug a few times in the demo and I didn't like it to be honest. Each time it happened, I would reload the game so the players appear in 3D again. Also, if I didn't reload the game, the next match I played would also be in checkers mode.

The weird thing about this bug is that substitutes who come onto the field appear in 3D while the rest are still playing checkers.

Haven't had this bug yet since the actual release.

It looks like someone playing Subbuteo with poker chips! :D

Subbuteo was awesome, by the way.

Subbuteo was awesome wasn't it, although often the source of violent disputes between me and my mate when we were about ten. Not to mention the amount of finger injuries i received as a result of having to flick them damn players about.

Anyway on topic, i get this a few times and think it looks quite cool, wouldn't mind it being in the game in all honesty.

Subbuteo was awesome wasn't it, although often the source of violent disputes between me and my mate

:D I remember having a major bust up with one of my mates when I discovered the reason he was getting so much power in this flicks was that he was sneakily flicking the ball and not the man.

i got the original posters problem for about 1 second when i flicked between 2d and 3d matches. never had it constantly though.

Yeah you're right i just tested it and it happens when the views are changed but ONLY when game is launched trough steam, at lest to me. When i load FM trough the shortcut icon to FM.exe i can change views and i never get this bug

Why do people call their threads "Huge Bug" or "This needs fixing" and stick in GQ when there's a bugs forum? I've said it before and I'll say it again: if we want bugs fixing, report it in that forum and upload a saved game. If enough people complain about it, it will get fixed.

I posted this on both foruns cuz this has much more people watching, and the Bugs forum it's more for SI developers to watch. I wanted people to see this bug too and if i only posted it on Bugs forum no1 would bother to see. The thread i created on bugs forum has 69 views, this one has 1227, see the diference?

:D I remember having a major bust up with one of my mates when I discovered the reason he was getting so much power in this flicks was that he was sneakily flicking the ball and not the man.

haha yeh my mate always used to cheat, i think we just got banned from playing it in the end.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah you're right i just tested it and it happens when the views are changed but ONLY when game is launched trough steam, at lest to me. When i load FM trough the shortcut icon to FM.exe i can change views and i never get this bug

I got this bug, and I installed the game from the disc... So it isn't just Steam...

Archived